Certifcates ??? which one is the best start off one

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by tom2011, Feb 22, 2011.

1. tom2011

tom2011 New Member

Dont know if im in the right place but i need help choosing which certifcate would be best to start with is it best to start. I already have expreience in i.t repairing building upgrading etc

Comptia +A
    Comptia + Network
    Comptia + Sec

or Microsoft certs
    or CCENT

I want to get into a role where i am field based e.g i.t tech but with network support aswell

I dont know i spoke to the college but the tutor seems like he was making himself more confused by the minute lol

so please if there is anyone out there that could just say start with this then i can start and learn i am self studying my comptia +A but dont want to waste my time if its no good

2. premier martin

premier martin Bit Poster

hi tom
    i would say to start off with the A+ exam this proves that you are good at building and repairing computers and if you are good with that then go for the Network + and as a help these both can cut out some of the MCSE or MCSA as i think but not sure if they still are but they used to be 2 3rds of either of the MCSE and MCSA exams core parts so in a way you have done most of the MCSE/A already. hope this helps and good luck

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'd say do the A+, Network+ and depending on the time frame either the MCDST or the MCTS for Windows 7.

If you do either the A+ & Network+ combination or the MCDST, you can use it as an elective for the MCSA. However that will only count as 1/4 of the requirements for the MCSA and not 2/3's as previously stated (sorry mate).

-Ken

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As above but you shouldn't go for the MCSA,MCSE or CCNA until you actually have on the job experience relating to those jpb areas.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. premier martin

premier martin Bit Poster

Thanks wagnerk I wasn't too sure how it worked I knew doin them gained so much of the mcse/a tests