CERT KILLER?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dublad, Jul 2, 2006.

1. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

i never heard of it nor do i understand what it does. can somebody explain what it does or exactly what is it,ican across it on another web site. cheers

Certifications: ecdl moxp
    WIP: a+ n+
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

certkiller are braindumps. actual questions taken from actual exams. it's illegal, and dishonest, and you'd do yourself a favor if you stay clear of them.

3. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

nice i was not aware of th eterm braindump till yesterday i was looking at courses when this cert killer thing came up.thank yopu for the advice m8,i will stay well clear indeed.at least i know now.

4. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

is there a big differnence between certkiller/braindump and transcender and turnkey.

if i am wasting peoples intelligence i apolagise but i am unsure...

5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I is never a waste of peoples intelligence to ask questions, if you don't ask, you will never know.

The difference between braindumps and valuable products such as Transcender are that the transcenders are leagl because they wirte their own questions based upon the published exam objectives, not copying the actual questions from the exams.

Products such as Transcender are a valuable learning tool because they provide detailed explanations of the answers, helping you to learn as to why the answer is 'x'.

8)

6. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well if braindumps are just giving you the questions and also the answers, then shouldnt you have to explain your answer in an exam so people know what you are going on about.

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  7. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

^ Huh? Explain to who? The computer?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  8. zxspectrum

No i didnt meant the computer, i assumed that people actually marked them? I know there are tests out there that are marked by computer but i dindt think that a comp exam would be the same, spose i should of realised tho ?

9. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Yeah, the MS exams have nothing to do with people, it's all on the computer which is why you get your score straight away. Which is why it is so easy for ppl to cheat, as all they have to do it point and click.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  10. zxspectrum

Well i can understand them doing that for job reasons , ie they cheat to get the cert which helps them get the job, but wouldnt they come unstuck along the lines somewhere, like in a work situation. I always found it good when i was a mechanic to be able to explain why something was going wrong or had gone wrong with a car rather than just to tell them what had gone wrong.

Maybe thats just me, but going off most people in this forum id say were pretty much the same

11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I know we've covered Braindumps many, many times before.
    I've been in the IT industry for many years, and I've never yet felt the need to use them, I study, I work, I practice, and when I'm ready I do an exam.

BUT...

The system is open to such abuse, the pool of questions are limited and largely even Microsoft are powerless to prevent their distribution. Everyone knows of T*stk*ng (name obscured to keep SimonGraham happy).

So why hasn't Microsoft shot it down with a cannon?

There are only two reasons I can think of.

1. They can't. It could be based in a weird country where the legal boundries are dodgy.
    2. They don't care. They can still claim there are xx,000 MCSEs worldwide. That makes it look as if loads of people are embracing the MS culture. Are they really going to say 'but we think half of them are dodgy'. It's an unregulated industry, what are you going to do?

I was surprised recently. We used a contractor recently who knew more about MS systems than I suppose I ever will. Absolute genius. I googled his email address one day and found it on a braindump forum.

I think that at times, IT professionals are under pressure to have every cert known to man, and are just looking for a guarantee of passing first time.

It's not that they don't know what they are talking about, or can't do the job - maybe they would be horrified at failing the exam, or can't be bothered to sit it twice?

That's just an observation by the way. Please don't just post another 7 pages along the lines that 'braindumps are evil' and 'they devalue our certs' etc.

I'm not saying I approve of the practice...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD