1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cert guidance

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by anus594, Dec 16, 2009.

1. anus594

anus594 New Member

Hello all I am looking for some guidance. I am concerned about being laid off from my current job. I have an IT back round including education and certifications. The job I am currently in I have had for about 10 years now in the telecom field, which has lead me away from my IT experience in a way. I am A+, N+, and had my CCNA (expired in 2004) certifications. I am currenlty working to complete my BA in Information Systems and was wondering what if any certifications I should work to obtain and can obtain fairly quickly to better my chances in landing another job quickly if necessary? I was thinking of attempting my CCNA recert (which I have tried once already and failed because I was not prepared for the new test format), but I am afraid I may have lost touch since I have not used it for at least 6 years. Should I try my MCP to get back into the swing of things? ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!
    Certifications: A+,N+