Cerco training help

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by kevinash20, Dec 7, 2005.

1. kevinash20

kevinash20 New Member

recently achieved an A+ certificate still cant get a job thinking of joining cerco any advice. i mean 4k is a alot to pay if there are no guarantees. someone please advice

Certifications: A+
    WIP: mcp
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Have you read their customer charter ?

This is the basic terms and conditions, and basically, it guarantees you nothing.

How did you achieve your A+? If you self-studied, and are looking to advance your Certs, I'd suggest you continue down this tried-and-tested route, as opposed to any expensive new methods.

Their career assistance, at a glance, leaves a lot to be desired. They expect you to apply for jobs up to 50 miles away (I wouldn't personally relocated for £14K) for a start. You may find one nearer - but if they find you one that far away for that little, they can consider their career 'assistance' fulfilled.

You also have to provide your own information for the CV- do a little searching on the internet for tips, write it yourself, and submit it to sites such as www.monster.co.uk or www.reed.co.uk

Your CV can be made searchable by these people, and you can actively apply for these jobs online - my BF put his CV on Monster, and received an interview request within 48 hours.

Whichever you choose, take your time - and good luck :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

It is easy to get upset over jobs as there are so many people waiting to get the "foot in the door".

The only advice i can offer is don't give up hope. I tried for almost a year, most employers didn't bother replying, agencies contact you but then nothing after that....

Now i am employed! Don't give up, keep trying, keep studying and your time will come.

Best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Nice reply, Boyce! :)
    You certainly gave me some much-needed encouragement! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I agree 4K is a *lot* of money, think very hard and do your research before parting with that kind of hard earned dough.

I have yet to hear of a person that has landed the perfect job from one of these organisations.

IMHO they work on the premise that a fool and his money are easily parted. And then when the foolish person starts complaining, they declare caveat emptor.

read the small print

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. robbo

robbo New Member

i did cerco course in sept and i am still waiting for cerco to find me a job !!!!!
    i was on the payday course but cerco say work as dryed up in my area (cambridgeshire)
    my answer would be look at all courses before you part with any cash

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Went to Cerco years ago and failed their aptitude test, the only thing is the things they were testing you on weren't even computer related. Maybe I was just having a bad day.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009