Cerco Recruitment

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by sparky1888, Jun 22, 2006.

1. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

Hi everybody!!!
    Has anybody had luck in getting a job on completion of their CCSN?I completed thier course four weeks ago now.....and i havent heard anything usefull.I passed with an overall distinction, i thought to myself that i would be getting headhunted by now....
    BUT NO!!! :cussing
    I live in Kilmarnock,just 20 mins away from the biggest city in Scotland,Glasgow.
    i would appreciate it if anyone knows of any companies who are recruiting for entry level support technicians or field service engineers.
    Im raring to go,i have the ability and i love working on and fixing PC's and peripherals.
    Get in touch
    Take care y'all
    Sparky

Certifications: Cerco's CCSN A+ DCSE
    WIP: MCITP , N+
  2. markthedoc

markthedoc Bit Poster

Hi Sparky. Where did you do your course? Nantwich?
    I'm thinking of taking a course with Cerco. What are your thoughts on the course etc?
    Cheers
    Mark

3. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

I hope the info i gave you helped,
    keep me posted dude!! 8)
    Sparky

4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

cerco gets mentioned a lot lately. almost looks like a viral marketing attempt. :blink

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hi Sparky, its Sparky here. :blink

What have you been doing to get a job so far? Have you been applying online (s1jobs.com) or have you been sending your C.Vs to companies on the off chance they are recruiting. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

...yep,been doing that,i have a list of 15 websites that i check every morning(i get email alerts from them too), something will turn up eventually, just thought that there would be more effort on the part of the Cerco recruitment team....theres 5 folk that work there....3 of them are in Germany....why?...answers on a postcard to Dont Give a Stuff Competition, PO Box Uvbeenhad,Somewhere in Germany :hhhmmm

7. Sparky

You always have the option of studying for the A+ as well, some extra certs would help beef up your CV 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  8. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

i had paid for a course with schiedegger training, i called them today to let them know that i would be ready to start my A+, but they need to send me out a new starter pack as the one i have is out of date!!!! :oops:

9. bloomfieldliam

bloomfieldliam Bit Poster

Hi Sparky,

I've done something similar to you and will be looking for jobs as of next week, I also live in East Ayrshire but that's neither here nor there, I plan on doing the same as you and also phoning around a few PC shops and fixing PC's in my spare time for extra cash. Oh and learning some basic HTML too.

Good luck with the job hunting, BTW do you drive?

Liam

Certifications: A+, MCP XP, MA in IT, ECDL
  10. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

Hi Liam, yeah i do drive...., but banging my head off the walls here looking for a job, im registered on at least 15 sites, two agencies up in Glasgow.....Pants!!!!
    something will turn up eventually im sure,
    if you want to get in touch drop me an email,
    take it easy in the mean time
    Sparky

11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Keep looking guys. Register with all the agencies, keep buying the local paper on job night and pester Cerco!

Best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  12. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

Cheers dude for the encouragement,
    pester Cerco :hhhmmm now theres a thought.....

lol.....

hold on....

i thought i paid £4000 to find my own job :confused3

it does go like Cerco IT Training and Recruitment, doesnt it?

will be calling them a bit more often me thinks, been calling them once a week to see how things are......
    will keep you posted dude ,
    thanks for replying to my thread
    take it easy dude
    Sparky

13. Boycie
    Honorary Member

exactly, pester them..... :thumbleft

14. Sparky

Just a tip for some of the Scottish guys looking for a job, if you apply to manpower.co.uk they provide staff for the first line support\helpdesk for IBM in Greenock. There are always loads of jobs going and there are loads of big contracts based there.

It’s a good first step into IT and having IBM on your CV can help out for future jobs. 8)

15. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

cheers for the tip Sparky,
    will check it out tomoro.......going to bed had a few too many :morebeer tonight to stay on and chat!!!

16. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Spark,

Persistance is the key.
    A wise old man told me *if you ever have a problem doing something you want to do (nothing in particular)offer to do it for free*
    This sounds like madness, but it works! You can gain valuble experience working for gratis. You could be working alongside people who know their subject like the back of their hand and inherit that knowledge.
    Stick with it. As Delboy said to Rodney *You know it makes sense*
    :biggrin