CEH now.

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Tinus1959, Jun 23, 2007.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Passing is 70%. 150 questions in 4 hours. It is webbased and you can go back and foreward, but that wil take some time, because you have to wait everytime till the page is loaded.
    So if you want to go back 15 questions, your load 15 pages, and again 15 to get to your position again.
    The exam is difficult. You'll have to be able to interpret the output of a trace with the most important sniffers. You'll have to know windows, unix, cisco and so on. It is a very wide exam, covering a wide area (a mile wide but just an inch deep).

HTH.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. Iceberg

Iceberg New Member

I Wonder why there's no refer back page at the end of the exam so you can jump back and forth directly, anyhow it's better to
    8)make sure of every question and moving on directly. I got used to that with Cisco exams, but it's nasty there.
    Thanks a bunch for your tips, I'll probably go for it in about a month.
    I'm currently going through quickly the chapters, and will take several demo tests before going deep into it.

Certifications: MCSA +S, Sec+, CCNA, CCSP
    WIP: MCSE, CEH, CHFI, LPT
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

If I recall correct there is, but I never use those. If I do not know the answer now, I will not know it after 2 hours. So there is no need to go back and forth. It will only make me feel uncertain.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP