CD printer suggestions.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Baba O'Riley, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

HI guys, I need a recommendation.

We're looking for a CD printer at work, either a dedicated CD printer or an inkjet with CD printing abilities. It must be colour, but speed is more important than print quality. Assuming that price is not an obstacle, has anyone got any good ideas?

We currently use an Epson R300, it prints quite well but it's got a few quirks (caused by damage) and it takes at least a minute from pressing print to the CD coming out. Part of that is, I believe, caused by a bottle neck in the USB to Ethernet converter it's plugged into so a printer with dedicated Ethernet would be ideal.

I was thinking along the lines of these, although the more expensive CD duplicators are not necessary as it's only printing we require. I would like to hear what anyone else thinks.

Cheers.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Isn't that quite a good turn around? :rolleyes:

3. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Only a minute :biggrin i thought it was women that had no patience :biggrin

I have the Epson R300 cracking printer

sorry don't know of anything quicker outside of professional duplicators

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  4. Baba O'Riley

I suppose it is now I stop and think about it. :blink I guess everyone in my office is impatient because none of us can stand using the thing.:D

5. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

I have the R200 and its fine for use at home

there are a few dedicated cd printers about but most arent full colour (tdk do one I am pretty sure)

try the online media sellers - svp, bigpockets etc

altho I am struggling to find any disc printers now.... hmm

hope it helps

WIP: N+ & CCNA
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I wouldn't touch epsons, they are a nightmare, sure they're great when they're working, but you run out of ink and attempt to use a compatible cartridge instead of an original epson then the fun begins, unless you get a continuous ink system.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Baba O'Riley

Yeah we have that problem Wizard. Also, it's a little battered as well and you have to hold the CD tray while the rollers grab it. We're looking at a couple of cheapo replacements that will do us for a year and then reassess the situation. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.:D