CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Rob1234, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Been studying the CCSP https://www.isc2.org/ccsp/default.aspx , so thought I would give a quick review. The CCSP is a certification aimed at cloud security ISC2 created it with CSA who also have the CCSK which is a more entry level cloud cert I wrote a review of that one here http://www.certforums.com/threads/certificate-of-cloud-security-ccsk-review.49980/

The exam has been recently updated so there are not many resources for the updated exam apart from the official book. ISC2 also offers some free training material and also some paid for online training. I only used the official book and it was not bad but like all ISC2 books it is a bit dry and does not flow that well.

I had read other reviews where people said the book is not enough to just pass the exam and I have to agree, the exam questions are all multi choice and a few with a scenario then a few questions based on the scenario. The book does not cover all the questions you will see in the exam but I do not think that is always a bad thing it means a person cannot just read the book and pass the exam you will need some experience in cloud security and also you need to have a minimum of five years paid full-time information technology experience, of which three years must be in information security and one year in one of the six (6) domains of the CCSP examination which ISC2 check. It is a four exam with 125 questions I did not struggle with time and think that is more than enough.

I passed the exam but will not get the score for a few days, there is only currently 55 people in the UK with the cert, it is quite new but with cloud technology growing I can see this being a good cert to get for the future.

Certifications: A few.
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Interesting, I would hope that my experience would satisfy the requirements for the exam but may need to look in to this more closely.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

Congratulations on passing!

Certifications: ITIL v3, IS Foundation