CCNP - Simulator

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dhehir, Feb 28, 2008.

1. dhehir

dhehir New Member

Hi Folks,

I have just started studying for the CCNP (starting with BSCI). For CCNA I used a very useful Net simulator called Packet tracer which I found incredibly useful, however this software does not have all the elemnts required for the CCNP.

I was thinking of buying myself a lab for around £500, however I have seen a couple of references in this forum to Boson netsim designed specifically for CCNP (http://www.boson.com/Product/CIS-NS-CCNP-02.html).

However on the website it displays the following:

This Product Covers: Certification
    640-802 :: CCNA CCNA
    640-816 :: ICND2 (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2) CCNA
    640-822 :: ICND1 (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1) CCENT
    640-863 :: DESGN (Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions) CCDA
    642-901 :: BSCI (Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks) BSCI

It is still expensive at just shy of $500 but obviously less than shelling out for the real kit. Can you great chaps out there in cert land who may have used this software, let me know if this will be suitable to cover the entire CCNP curriculum and what your experiences of it are, be the good bad or indifferent...

Many thanks...

DCH

2. dhehir

dhehir New Member

Hi again,

I take it from the lack of response that not many members have used this. I'm sure I noticed a guy on these forums that works for Boson, maybe you could fill in the blanks in regards to if it will cover everyting required for CCNP (all four exams)...

i'll give it another couple of days then guess i'll go ahead and buy the real kit, at least i'll know it can support everything I need.

Thanks anyway

DCH