CCNP - advice needed

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by robbyp, Aug 30, 2010.

1. robbyp

robbyp New Member

Hi all,

I am after some advice of study material for CCNP and recommendations for class training. Also if anyone knows of any good free labs, software etc.

Regards

Rob

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Rob,

What is covered in the CCNP can be found out from the Cisco website

Are you looking at doing class based training or self study?

Although the exam details are old in this thread it contains links to other useful sites.

Otherwise resources could be:

Books*
    CBT*
    Classes*

* Other providers are available and these may not be what you require but are ones I have either heard of/ used or came up first in Google

Obviously you need to hold a valid CCNA and ideally will be working in an environment were you are administering, troubleshooting and maintaining a Cisco network.

It would be good if you introduced yourself in the new members forum, this may enable myself and others to provide you with clearer advice to meet your needs.

Thanks,
    Crazy Horse

3. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

i am currently studying the CCNP track starting with ROUTE then SWITCH then TSHOOT!

I am using the Cisco Press Exam Cert Guide and CBT Nuggets (CBT is for the old exams but some of the content still applies). I am also using GNS3 to suimulate routers aswell. (Cannot condone the use of GNS3 as it is illegal to use IOS image outside of Cisco's equipment.... BLAH BLAH BLAH!)

I have my ROUTE exam booked for the 8th october!! :-( im not nearly ready and may need to reschedule but im gonna study like mad for the next month and see how it goes!!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  4. CONF T

CONF T New Member

hello my frind

a have some advices for you
    1- if you can tack CCNP by corse.. it is the best and the shortest way to have CCNP
    2- if u can not u can do as i did
    a- read and understand the book
    b- watch CBT NUGGETS video
    d- practice what u lerned from video practice it on GNS 3

for the SWITCH exam u can use Packet tracer from cisco and use L3 switch ..

i hop i helped u a bit ..

your brother CONF T

Certifications: CCNA CCNP
    WIP: CCIE