CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Roy2005, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Roy2005

Roy2005 New Member

I am working to to complete my ccna starting part one last week, one of the reason for taking this course was to hopfully to help me get a carear in networking, however beside this qualication as in having al four parts , am i looking at a long learning prosess such as to develp my carear i am also going to need MCSE, A+, N+

Yes ? NO?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Well to answer that question all depends on what your career goals are.

Do you simply want to do networking (hubs, switches, routers) or do you also want to do Systems Admin (PC's, OS's, Servers)?

:blink

3. Roy2005

Roy2005 New Member

I want to be able setup sytems router , hubs and Lan, Wan, VOIP.

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The you will most likely find that the CCNA is a good place to start fo learning those technologies. If you are struggling with the CCNA, as despite what Cisco says, this is not an entry-level cert, then you may want to do the A+ and Network+ first.

In simple terms - YES.

Gaining a certification is not the end of the line, it is merely the start. You will have to learn new skills on an almost daily basis, gain more certs, learn new technologies, re certify, gain higher certs, the list goes on. It just never stops.

You may want to take a look at some of the pinned threads at the top of the Training and Development forum, and also the Jobs and Employment forum to help you realise just how much of a commitment working in IT really is.

8)