CCNA where to buy kit?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by noel123ie, Dec 3, 2009.

1. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Hi

I have MCSA, Sec+ and hope to homestudy CCNA

What kit do I need to buy router, books etc and where is best to get these?

Im based in Ireland so websites etc would be a great help

Also I looked at prometric site and cisco are listed what provider providws exams?

Accorrding to http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html[/url] can be done in 1 or 2 parts am I reading that correctly?

Thanks
    Noel

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    Certifications: MCSA Sec+
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Noel,

I presume you work in IT as you have the MCSA and Sec+, well if that's the case you'd better off checking on Ebay.

Certififcation is to go in line with your day to day task in the office as over certification can hurt you job wise. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Kit : http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/ITelligentsia__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I have my Cisco exam booked through Pearson Vue - think Prometric offer it as well, just depends on which your nearest testing centre is signed up with.

You can do the whole CCNA in one - the "802" exam or split it down to ICND1 and 2; passing the first gives you the CCENT cert.

HTH

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

yes true but Im in a 2nd line job(not using ccna kit) at the moment and want to use my time effectively as when I change jobs I will ahve a lot to learn besides doing exams as well

I can always leave the ccna off cv and add when I am working in a suitable environment to match my certs

Thanks for reply
    Noel

Certifications: MCSA Sec+