CCNA thro microsoft?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Meg_D, Sep 15, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

good idea :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Ergath

Ergath Bit Poster

Done. Let's see if I get a response.

Certifications: MCP 70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  3. Ergath

Ergath Bit Poster

OK, no reply to the email. I've called OpenITtraining and spoken to Malcolm Bilmen (presumably the co-owner), who has promised to look at the materials that my tutor sent to me. In all fairness to Mr Bilmen he was frank and helpful, so perhaps it's just my tutor who's dodgy and not the company - I'll update as soon as I hear back.

4. CertGuard

CertGuard Bit Poster

For everyone's safety, I marked both mentioned sites as "Suspicious". Also, it looks like they run another website that goes by the name bluelogic; that too has been marked as suspicious.

It doesn't seem like the owner is too interested in what's going on here. I suspect once he sees the status of his sites on CG that he'll be more inclined to "do the right thing".

If I happen to get any direct emails from anyone in their organization, I'll try to keep ya'll posted. :)

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Ergath

Ergath Bit Poster

Update: I've heard nothing so I've left a message today and hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow when Mr.Bilmen's back in the office (he only works Friday apparently).

Not knowing why I'd called, the guy on the phone offered to put me through to my tutor in Mr B's absence as "they work closely together", but I wasn't feeling up to that conversation.

I'm starting to get worried though - I've only got till january and I've got to have taken my remaining three pre-paid exams by then. If this goes on much longer it's going to get uncomfortably tight.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to sign up with these guys.

7. Ergath

Ergath Bit Poster

Up-Update: reply here attached.

Dear Mark

Thank you for the e mails

These are Questions & Answers training manuals we used to allow our clients to check that they are ready for taking the exams which should help you to understand how Microsoft will be asking their questions as they can sometimes be difficult to understand exactly what answerers are needed and will then allow you to use the knowledge gained from the training into a Microsoft format

After you have had time to digest the Test King mock we will then supply you with Transcender interactive Mock papers

This is to make sure that the maximum amount of knowledge has been passed to you to allow efficiency in your exams

As a Microsoft Testing Centre and a leading training company with one of the highest pass rates in the UK I can assure you that these papers will in no way effect your accreditation when you have taken and passed your exams

I have checked with our legal department who assure me that we are able to and allowed to send these paper out and are only there as a guide for students to understand how the exams and system work

We have been using these papers for over4 5 years and to date have had no repercussions from them

If you still feel that you would like to proceed without theses type of additional help papers we can put your account to go to the Interactive Papers and send these as and when you require them

I hope this answers your questions and elevates any fears you may have

I have put the answer in E Mail form so you have a written confirmation as to regard to your concern about the legitimacy of your course with us

If however this is not the case please feel free to call me so we can talk further

Yours Sincerely

Malcolm Bilmen

Manager

8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

That is quite frankly unbelievable. Am I going nuts, or is he clearly stating that they are providing you with braindumps and see nothing wrong with that?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

See no evil, Hear no evil

Quite sad!

10. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Gotta agree with you zeb.

Plus, what the hell are "answerers"?

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  11. greenbrucelee

What a bunch of ****ers, we have no no repercussions from using TK well they better get ready for some :D

12. Ergath

Ergath Bit Poster

Presumably I need something from MS to say that there is definitely a problem with the BDs? I'd post them for your inspection, but obviously that's not the greatest idea ever :)

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

1) Like me, you are already nuts - you can't go somewhere you already are.
    2) Yes, he is clearly OK with braindumping and should be reported.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

What you could do is pm me and get my email address & send them to me or the guy who runs CertGuard (he posts on here - has done on this thread) and I'll take a look at them. Of course, having not sat an MS exam for five years it might be difficult for me to definitively state that they're braindumps, but I'll be able to hazard a good guess at it!

15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - I was waiting for a variation of the old 'that's not a long trip' wheeze.

Welcome back Mike :)

16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Damn right it elevates my fears HHAHAHA :eek:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. CertGuard

CertGuard Bit Poster

Dare I say they're not the shiniest balls in the return. I find it simply amazing that this guy (M. Bilmen) can actually check with his legal department on the issue and still tell Ergath that the materials they're using are "legal".

Needless to say, I've changed the status of all their websites to "Braindump". And if any other sites are found to be owned by this company, they too will be classified as braindumps.

OpenITTraining Status | MicrosoftUK Status | BlueLogic Status

18. greenbrucelee

I emailed certguard Robert last night with the link, glad to see he has changed their status to braindump:D

19. Ergath

Ergath Bit Poster

I've emailed TCTips to explain what's happened, attaching the email and one of the "mocks" for inspection. I'm going to ask Openittraining to book my next exam, and not send me anything else from Testking. Meanwhile, MS have all of the information they need to do whatever they think necessary.

Maybe now I can concentrate on actually learning stuff :D

EDIT: Rep all round (not much of a thanks, but it's the best I can do)

20. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Well done, you did the right thing. :) Best of luck with the studying.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA