1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCNA Simulators...

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by mattwest, Nov 22, 2007.

1. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations for CCNA study kits? I'm looking for a book and accompanying Virtual Lab.

I did my CCNA in 2001 but it ran out a few years ago and the exam has been updated since.... and i havent touched a router or switch config for years! (So the hands on of a simulator would be good).

Once i get back up to speed i have live kit at work (live as in i can log on, enter commands and not break the network!) so i only really need it for the CCNA.

I saw this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CCNA-sup-sm...38/ref=pd_sbs_b?ie=UTF8&qid=1195744526&sr=8-2

I've used these make of books before with success but no reviews for this particular one.... any advice?

Thanks!

Matt :D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  2. rowlando

rowlando Bit Poster

I have seen on the boson sites that they do a netsim..

http://tinyurl.com/37r3zb

Certifications: JNCIA-FWV, LPIC 2, SCSA, CMA, 70-271
    WIP: 70-272
  3. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Yeah i've played with the boson netsim, its pretty good.

And mattwest, I'm amazed to see all the exams youve passed, thats a fine collection.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  4. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Thanks Kraven,

It was a lot of hard work during my initial IT years getting some of the base certs like A+, N+ and MCSA through self study.... then i was lucky enough to have a previous employer with a good training budget and a supportive manager so i got to go on courses and i made sure i took the exams.

Also find it useful to set goals and always have something on the go. I'm 2 Months into my new job now so i'm going to make steps to redo my CCNA and after that maybe have a look at CCNP..... but the benefit of putting in the hard work cert wise (during the first 7 years of my career) means i can concentrate on the job now and do certs on the side :D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks for the Boson props, guys. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!