1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCNA Security: which book?

Discussion in 'Network Security' started by Simonvm, May 19, 2011.

1. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Hi guys

Switched jobs two months ago -moved to a company that's really close to home- and after two months of being on the Support team I've been asked to move to the networking team -which is currently just one guy- to help do lan, wan, wlan and firewall administration.

Since I'm still at CCNA level I'll need to go through lots of material quite fast.

MY CCNA exam is scheduled in a couple of weeks when I'm in vacation. I'll be going through the CWNA and CCNP: switch and also try on the CCNA Security. Not sure if I'll take the exams, at this time I just need the knowledge :-)

Now, for the CCNA security there are two books (again). Which one should be the best? First one doesn't really get good reviews...

CCNA Security Official Exam Certification Guide Exam 640-553 Exam Certification Guides: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Watkins, Kevin Wallace: Books

or

Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security IINS : Authorized Self-study Guide: CCNA Security Exam 640-553 Ccna Security Learning: Amazon.co.uk: Catherine Paquet: Books

Thanks!

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

The one above.

The Mike and Kev one is mmmmmmmmmmmmm.............how can I put it, if you ever need to light a BBQ

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Thanks Joe!

It's BBQ season though :thumbleft

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless