CCNA: Security at Commsupport

Discussion in 'Network Security' started by craigie, Sep 16, 2012.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I nearly forgot that my CCNA was due to expire, but Cisco sent me a few reminders, well I say a few, it ended up bordering on spam. This meant that my efforts to gain the CCENT and the CCNA would soon be in demise and I would enter the realms of a 'retired; Cisco Certified Network Associate.

With this in mind, I had a few choices to make:

Do Nothing this was close to being a front runner, however, if I'm being honest with myself, not being a Cisco Certified really bothered me. It was almost like riding your bike everyday and then one day your dad saying 'you aren't allowed on the bike anymore'. This thought process made we not want to loose the 'bike'.

Stay The Same to be fair this never really entered the equation. Since starting in IT, one thing that I have always enjoyed is moving forward with skills, projects, vendors and technologies. I don't ever want to be a person who says I have 15 years experience in IT, well in fact, what you really meant to say is I gave up learning 12 years ago, so I only really have 3 years experience.

Read more here

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
    Simonvm likes this.
  2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Nice read, that lab equipment looks really good :) How many people were in your group?

I was tempted to follow that same CCNA Security course -could've been in your group :)- but went for the ROUTE in the end.
    It's scheduled in two weeks, really looking forward to the whole week!

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

8 in the class in total, one person dropped out mid morning on Monday, so 7 for the week.

Definitely will a good course, Joe knows his onions.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5