CCNA Practice Network Design Labs?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by motorleague, Apr 28, 2007.

1. motorleague

motorleague Bit Poster

It's occurred to me that something that would be really helpful in prepping for the CCNA would be for example a webpage or some labs featuring some pre-designed networks or requirements lists which you could then use to design and set up practice networks on router simulation software.

i.e. You have one main corporate office, two branches each with x3 subnets containing x users, connected by ISDN, set up routers, switches, configure passwords and interfaces, VLANs and access lists etc from the ground up and get it all working.

I'm planning to do a few of my own anyway (which I might post here if anybody's interested), but it would be handy if there are already some in existance preferably by somebody with a bit more networking experience with which they could potentially create something suitably challenging.

Does anybody know of such a thing already exists?

Apologies if this has already been asked before.

Alex.

Certifications: MCSA, A+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good idea and well done, please do share when your done:D

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

I agree. It's an excellent idea.

Unfortunately, projects like that take joint effort, meaning a study group. But that isn't so easy to organise because people are always too busy. It would be great if we could set up such a group though.

Anyway, there's an ongoing project over here.

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16621

Feel free to contribute.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP