CCNA or INTRO+ICND?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by zurih, Feb 27, 2006.

1. zurih

zurih Bit Poster

For the guys (or girls) who learned each way or just know, what is better to learn?
    CCNA for one exam or INTRO+ICND for two exams?

Thanks

WIP: CCNA, Network+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I suppose it really depends on the way that you learned the material. For example I did the Cisco Academy and learned the two exam way (Not taking the exam tho).

Something to think about is that if you do the single exam there are less questions than on two exams so you have a lesser chance of getting many questions on a subject that you struggle with.

On the other side though is does mean that you have to know more topics.

8)

3. zurih

zurih Bit Poster

You're right. But I'm before buying a book or books.
    And for that I need to know which test/s I'll take.

What is the real deferences between them?

WIP: CCNA, Network+
  4. Lazaruseifer

Lazaruseifer Bit Poster

My tutors are trying to get us to take the INTRO/ICND route, because (I amy be wrong), when and if you pass the INTRO, that is out the way, much like the Theory test in a driving test.

Certifications: None as of yet
    WIP: CCNA
  5. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

I took the 1 exam and passed second time.

Some will say that the 2 exam route covers more ground in more detail, I studied and revised from the 2 exam materials. The course that I took focused on the 1 exam and was sufficient for me (to pass 2nd time).

Depending on your pre-existing knowledge of the subject matter you will know how much material you need to cover. Either way it is a lot.

I didn't do the academy route so I don't know how they do it, know the thoery inside out and practice until you're so bored of it you never want to see another IOS again.

Worked for me :p

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  6. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Hey,

As you can probably tell from my profile I went for the 2 exam route...

I was recommended to go for this route, primarily because instead of studying 4 modules for 1 exam, you can basically study 2 modules for each exam, which makes it easier to learn what you need for each!

It depends on the individual, I am glad I did it this way, but you may be a excellent learner and could do it all in one go...!

I guess the best thing to do thinking about it would be to go for full CCNA if you are unsure... if you pass you have saved yourself 1 exam fee, and if you fail it you can revise what went wrong and do it again, and it will be the same price as Intro+ICND because its 2 exams!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots