CCNA newbie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by acid9burn, Nov 13, 2010.

1. acid9burn

acid9burn New Member

hii. everyone. ,i've signed up for the CCNA prog this december.Have 2 months of Prep time.And iI'm new to networking.I'm downloading dumps for the prep.What should i read before starting the course.Actually I'm new to Networking. no basics

2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

It depends, what dumps? :)

Good luck on the CCNA, but maybe you should do the Network+ first?

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

My first recommendation is to forget about the dumps. They cheapen the value of the certs we work so hard for, they are cheating, you risk getting any certs stripped and being banned for life from obtaining any further certifications. (this is assuming you are talking about the dumps I think you are)

What kind of CCNA program have you signed up for? Cisco Net Academy? Despite being marketed to beginners and really starting with the basics those with no networking knowledge or experience are likely to struggle. I don't recommend starting with even the CCENT. The A+ and Net+ are better places to start. However if you have signed an agreement or made up your mind to start a CCNA class in December I highly recommend going over the Net+ material between now and then. At very least learn to subnet and learn the OSI and TCP/IP models before December. I recommend watching all the professor messer videos and grab a copy of Mike Myers ALL in One net+ book and read through it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  4. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Is it April 1st already?.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Our Braindump policy, for starters :dry

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If your using dumps to learn IT then you have in business being in IT,

Dumps are for loosers and have a reason why they are called dumps. I had one this morning, comprende'?

If I were in a hiring position andcould have it my way and knew some tool had applied for a job with my firm but had dumped the interview questions he would be killed and stabbed lots of times as opposed to not selected for the job,

dont cheat its not worth it, especially if I am on the panel.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. RandyFears

RandyFears Bit Poster

CCNA without any networking knowledge//experience is tough. Don't know how long you have to study it? N+ is good advice as i wish i had done that prior to going straight into CCNA. Learning to subnet i would say is first priority as that is a must and if you can crack that before doing the course then it will be a big help. Get familiar with any progs you are going to use such as packet tracer or dynamips etc. Learning a good overview of the OSI will help as well as you will be more familiar with each layer of the OSI. If you are looking for any additional learning materials then i am a big fan of Todd Lammle's book on CCNA and in particular his way of teaching subnetting. Oh yes and no dumps. Dumps are bad and don't do you any favours especially beyond the exam as people do expect you to know what you are talking about!

Certifications: never enough
    WIP: so many and so little time
  8. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

what is a dump?? i have no idea what you guys are on about and by the sounds of it, i need to avoid them.

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

A braindump is usually a pdf that will contain the entire pool of questions that will appear in the exam you are taking so all a cheater has to do is memorize the answers and remember the questions they relate to.

If an exam center (remember you get watched) thinks that you are breezing through the exam to easily and suspects that you may have used dumps then they can stop the exam. Microsoft/compTIA or who ever the exam is from can decertify you and have all your certifications taken of you and be stopped from taken any exams again.

In some cases people have had legal action taken against them. So yes it is a good idea to avoid dumps.

Some dumps come in the guise of a practice exam where you will be tested on the real questions you will get but also provided with the answer.

It is wise to visit http://www.certguard.com/search.asp when looking for practice exams. You type the URL in the box and you will be told wether the site you have visited is legit or its a site that doles out dumps.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?