1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCNA NetAcademy/Alumni Members

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by punkboy101, Jan 21, 2005.

1. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi all, just thougbht that I'd let all the CCNA student going through the NetAcademy that Cisco have recently released a usefull tool (free!!!) for practicing designing and configuring CCNA level networks.

It is called packet tracer, and as far as I can tell (not finished playing yet [​IMG]), the router an switches are fully configurable. Better than the cr@p that I had when i did my CCNA, that's for sure.

This might be a good option for those that want a lab, but cannot afford the real equipment at the moment. I would almost recomemd getting this over the real equipment (you can do the exact same stuff with the software, and more, eg 5 routers, 12 switches, and 150 PC's/ servers, network printers, ect, all virtual and with fully working IOS), but i'm not going to go there.

It's a large download at 24 MB if your on dial up, but no prob if you have DSL. If you log into the academy and select alumni cnnection, there is a big ad on the right side for it.

anyway, just thought I'd share incase anyone missed this.

Andy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada