CCNA Nailed First Time!!! With some weirdness...

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by motorleague, Aug 23, 2007.

1. motorleague

motorleague Bit Poster

910 out of 1000. Go me :D

Thanks again to everybody who replies to my previous posts btw.

In truth I was very surprised with the outcome. I hit my first router sim only 7 questions in, only to discover that the commands I needed to use (and which I knew to be right) were rejected by the testing program as "not being supported by this version of the software". After about 10 minutes fiddling fruitlessly with the interface, I eventually decided to enter the commands in the correct order anyway ignoring the error windows popping up, keep my nerve and plough on. I could always appeal later right?

I finished the exam, spent about 5 minutes writing up a lengthy comment regarding the faulty question, and sat back resigned to the the inevitable fail. Obviously it didn't come. Cue much very surprised bouncing around the room.

I suspect that by some ridiculous stroke of luck the simulation was a beta question and didn't get scored. Either that or it took the commands I entered and scored them correctly, or less likely still the software somehow noticed the bug. I know I got at least one question wrong in 3 of the 4 areas you're marked on (although oddly enough I got 100% in the area I suspect the sim would be classified under), so with the mark I got it's unlkely that I just managed to scrape through without the marks from the simulation software. **** knows, anyway. A pass is a pass, and I've worked hard for it over the last few months.

Thoughts anybody?

MOD EDIT SG: Remove sensitive content

Certifications: MCSA, A+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Forget about it! Hit the pub and celebrate! :slidedrin

Congrats! :biggrin

3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I agree, does seem strange, but you knew you were doing the right thing.

Big congrats mate, nice score, nice pass! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats... however... you might want to check the Cisco Confidentiality Agreement you signed when you took the exam... letting someone know what you are expected to do on the exam violates that confidentiality. Just want you and your newly-gained certification to be safe, mate...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorted. 8)

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well Done

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congratulations!!! 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. motorleague

motorleague Bit Poster

Thanks for all the congratulations :)

Now onto the latter part of my MCSE...

Certifications: MCSA, A+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE
  12. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and thanks for sharing. Congrats:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell