1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCNA labs

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Hex, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Hex

Hex New Member

Hi guys,

second post!! :biggrin

i know this has probably been posted a thousand times but i wanted to discuss a few things.

I have completed my CCNA last year but unfortunately i didnt have much of a aim where i wanted to go and i started to become very passionate about it once i finished it... :dry I have now started a tafe course in networking and system admin with exceptions of my CCNA. I would really love to go over all my CCNA again to renforce it and ensure i know it back to front. I am also looking at doing a unit of CCNP in my second semester.

I was wondering what kind of lab setup would be best for me? I am wanting to do CCNA plus the first part of a CCNP. I have all my old workbooks and am considering going over all them again.

Just wondering what you guys think.

-John :biggrin

- - - Updated - - -

I've been having a look on ebay and found a user selling quite a few different set-ups for ccna. I can't link it here on the forums but their username is ipsupply_au

2. Hex

Hex New Member

Can anyone help me please?

3. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

A decent CCNA lab would be:

3 x 1841 routers
    3 x 2950 switches

A decent CCNP lab would be:

5 x 1841 routers
    2 x 2950 switches
    1 x 3550 switch
    1 x 3560 switch

You lab books ought to give you some guidance regards to how many devices you need.

Look up either Itelligensia or Reuserecycleit on ebay, both good

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  4. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

If you're tight for CCNA you get away with 2600 routers and probably 2 2950s. The more kit you have though the more fun you can have :D

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  5. Hex

Hex New Member

I might try and get this cunningfox, I can always get new equipment later, thanks!