CCNA - Lab workbook

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by HaDeS666, Apr 20, 2009.

1. HaDeS666

HaDeS666 Bit Poster

I was looking through for some stuff to give to a colleague to help him with his CCNA, I came across this CCNA lab workbook.

A word about it's copyright!

When I received it a couple of months ago, the owner stated it can be freely distributed - on these conditions:

1). The workbook stays as a complete book and is NOT altered.
    2). It may be printed out, again as a complete workbook.

As long as you agree to the above here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHWYJL0D
    It is a fantasic lab book that covers everything inthe CCNA.

Enjoy.

Certifications: A+ and CCNA
    WIP: MCSA then onto MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I have downloaded the manual and I could not find anything regarding it to be freely distributable. When you say owner, do you mean the person that created it or do you mean the person that was given this file/bought this file?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Must be my eyesight but I couldn't work out the code after several attempts so gave up.

As Ken says, unlikely the "owner" has the copyright and can give this freedom for download anyway. The copyright will rest with the author/publisher. Add to that the fact it's a rapidshare type site and I think we can all guess what's happening here.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. FSZ

FSZ Bit Poster

Thank you for this meterial. I must admit I too could not find the freely distributable write up, but I must admit the meterial is VERY good.

Certifications: Too many!!
    WIP: CCNP
  5. HaDeS666

HaDeS666 Bit Poster

It was the owner Furqan Yaseen that stated the copyright conditions, not his friend nor a friend of a friend. I think it was to promote his business.

If you think it shouldn't be here, please remove thread.

Just trying to help those who need it.

6. HaDeS666

HaDeS666 Bit Poster

I put the file their from my hard drive, as I don't have any online space. I got file from the owner, via ftp.

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just had a reply back from the company:

Please do not be offended that we checked this out, we do not want to land CF in any trouble/problem.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. HaDeS666

HaDeS666 Bit Poster

That is perfectly fine, Ken.

Came as a bit of a shock (never knowingly had my word questioned) but do understand your postion as a rep for CF.

I did take offence to a comment made: ".....I think we can all guess what's happening here." What is happpening here? Is it that someone has taken the time to try and help a CCNA student? Or something else?

I do enjoy this site and would NOT put it at risk by posting anything illegal.

9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

It was not my intent to cause offence and I apologise if I did. However, the instance where copyrighted material is touted as being freely available is extrememly high. As an IT professional, bound by the BCS code of professionalism I commented as I saw fit based on the information available.

If it was me I certainly wouldn't be promoting my published material via that site.

Again, apologies if offence caused, not intended.

Thanks to Ken also for getting confirmation.

10. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for that Haddesc, this will definately prove useful!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  11. HaDeS666

HaDeS666 Bit Poster

Apology accepted, thanks.

Again I put the file up on that site as I had NO OTHER means of sharing it. I received the file from the owner from his FTP.

P.S. You say " ...apologies if offence caused, not intended.", if you insinuate someone ia a lair, they do tend to get ever so slighty offended :x

12. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Err, no I wasn't insinuating that at all; "liar" is also a rather strong term to use. Ownership and copyright are two entirely different things with different legal rights. Ownership would not convey automatic rights to distribute unless the copyright permitted it (which would be unusual). I had also mis-read your post and thought you meant the "owner" had uploaded it to the site and not you.

I stand corrected and have apologised.