CCNA lab kit info.

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by j91682, Dec 18, 2014.

1. j91682

j91682 New Member

So I will be going for my CCNA sion and am look in to la kits. Just want to see what everyone thinks about this one. And if it is worth it.

$299.99
    Cisco Premium V2 CCENT CCNA CCNP Home Lab KIT Fully Tested
    Included Items:
    1x CISCO1841 Integrated Services Router 256DRAM/64Flash 15.1 IOS
    2x Fast Ethernet Interfaces
    2x T1 Serial Interfaces
    2x CISCO2611XM Router 128MB DRAM/32MB FLash IOS 12.4T
    2x Fast Ethernet Interfaces (on each router)
    1x T1 Serial Interface (on each router)
    2x WS-C2950-24 Advanced IOS 24 Port 10/100 Switch
    4x WIC-1DSU-T1
    2x T1 DSU Serial Connection Cable
    1x Console Cable
    3x Ethernet Cable
    2x Crossover Cable
    6x Power Cable
    1x 12Unit Desktop Rack (All devices come with rack brackets for free.)
    BONUS DVD
    - SDM Software
    - TFTP Software
    - Lab examples, questions and answers, manuals, configuration examples, etc.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks.

2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

It's ok'ish for $299, the 2911XM's will drive you to despair waiting for outputs to run, for example, on the 1841 which is a solid router will spit out the "show run" in a second the same command on the 2611XM's you will have to wait 10 or so seconds for the same output, and if you are running that command over you can imagine how painful it becomes, also the reload times for the routers is significant, the 26's will take anything up to 5 to 10mins to boot, the 18's will have it done in around 3 minutes.

The time you waste waiting for the things to reload and waiting for the output to show you may as well pay an extra $100 and get all 1841's if possible

The 2950's are ok, but you need min a Layer 3 switch so you have to get a 3550.

Lab examples and manuals are probably rip offs of some ones hard work which is not nice unless they can prove that's it's all their's and they own the copyright.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. johnston.m.jeremy

johnston.m.jeremy New Member

Thanks for the input. I don't really care about the labs. I have some one that will help me out with the labs. I will look into the 1841's.