CCNA lab for OU course

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by dales, Aug 6, 2010.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hello all,

I'm currently studying with the OU and my target at the moment is a foundation degree, one of the courses is a CCNA based course and as its one of the few tech based courses it looks like I'll be studying that then. Now next course does not start until January so I was thinking about making a head start myself (forearmed is forewarned etc). I was thinking of going to 2 exam route so the ccent would be on the cards first.

I've configured loads of extreme summit switches at work so am used to switching and routing basics but I've never actually configured cisco gear, so I was wondering maybe trying to build up a small lab firstly the the ccent and then maybe another couple of bits for the ccna.

What sort of gear should I be looking out for the ccent, any suggestions appreciated.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

Hey, firstly good luck for the CCNA. I done the 2 exam route and think it was the best way to do it as it seemed i learnt a little more that way rather than doing the one exam!

For my studies i bought a little lab off ebay! i ended up with a 1750 router 2x 2900 series switches which was helpful but the biggest help was the Packet tracer programs which is a simulator. I used Packet Tracer 5 (torrent download) and it was excellent for the ccent and ccna but is very limited for the CCNP route exam i am now studying which means i need to buy a lab now! :-(

hope this helps. let me know if you want any more info.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  3. oush

oush Byte Poster

dale, i'm looking to sell my cisco lab. consits of 2 X 1841 and 1 X 3550 let me know if you're interested.

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  4. MadMat

MadMat Bit Poster

I'm currently doing T216, CCNA with the OU, and to be honest, with the combination of packet tracer and access to the NetLabs system (remote access to real kit labs) you don't really need a home lab.

Mat

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA