CCNA Lab Equipment

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by mmccambr, Mar 30, 2007.

1. mmccambr

mmccambr New Member

Hi everyone, I have just started reading for my CCNA cert. I am totally new to all this stuff and I was wondering if someone out there can give me advice on the cheapest way to construct a lab that will help me pass the CCNA exam.

Hope some one can help.
    Michael:p

2. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Try here:

http://www.ciscokits.com/

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Ka151

Ka151 Bit Poster

Or even try renting one off the net, i know theres nothing like having it in your hands and playing with it, but its an option.

i used things like 2500's because they were cheap, and a simple 2800 or 2900 switch.

This was plenty for me and took me into my CCNP too, use things like simulations as often as you can too, they too can be a valuable asset.

Certifications: MCP, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP and CISSP
    WIP: ITIL Red Badge & a fresh challenge
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Boson creates simulators. The books by Wendell Odom (Cisco Press) have a copy of the program on CD in the book.
    They will get you going.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You do realise they are US based and it costs a fortune to get them shipped over here.

Best bet is to go on ebay and look for a an ebayer called irp70, very good guy to deal with, fast delivery and cheap prices.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009