CCNA Lab design and ips...............

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by capita alex, Aug 25, 2009.

1. capita alex

capita alex New Member

Hi,

first post so hope don't make an arse of myself................

studying for the ccna for more years than I can care to mention, if you passed it for owning 7 ccna books or more I'd be laughing........

I tend to start studying, get bored to death with the OSI and then give up.....

not this time however !!! I have a lab at home and the packet tracer router sim, my issue is when I sit down with it, its a case of where do I start ???

if anyone has any info on lab setups with example IP's on interfaces that would be v useful, think I just need a kick in the right direction. It doesn't matter what examples they are, although I have x amount of routers at home I can use the Sim if need be.

I'm tempted to give my Xbox away until I pass at least the CCENT, this is how desperate it is !!!!

thanks in advance

aj

2. Bonneville

Bonneville Bit Poster

Depends upon what equipment you have! I studied through the Networking Academy and so had loads of labs to work through. I also bought quite a bit of equipment as well - sometimes I thought I had too much!

Certifications: MCSE, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Security, CCNP
  3. HMSPresident

HMSPresident Bit Poster

..read the books? :blink

An easy way to remember the OSI model is;

Please - Physical
    Do - Data-link
    Not - Network
    Throw - Transport
    Sausage - Session
    Pizza - Presentation