CCNA is changing

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by wizard, Jun 24, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

just wandered over to msceworld.com and stumbled across a thread saying that the CCNA is changing, new exams from 1st August.

Here is a link to the cisco article:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-802.html

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Not surprised, since the CCNA is a networking exam based on Cisco equipement they're more likely to update their exam more often than Comptia cert which are general (or MS who have an exam per product, etc), to reflect their new technologies.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I have just started CCNA and the exams will be in late December early Jan08.
    How will this effect what i'm being taught now???

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

yeah cisco always updates their exams ever few years.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The last day to take the current version of the exam is November 6, 2007.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

MrNerdy,

Unless you're taking courses that are part of the authorized Cisco Networking Academy Program, you have the same deadline as everyone else.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  7. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Theprof,

From my experience, it seems to coincide with their 3 year certification valid time frame.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  8. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Looks like they threw out ISDN. VPN is more prominent now. Also, there's more emphasis on security and VoIP this time around. Other than that, I don't see any radical changes as such. A lot of the old stuff is still in there.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  9. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

WLAN has been added.

There is more emphisis on configuration it seems.

A new cert has been added. CCENT.

So the path probably should go CCENT-->CCNA-->CCNP-->CCIE

I am going to take the CCENT test when it comes out. Can't hurt.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

It's going to be a couple of years before I attempt the cisco route again :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certainly can't hurt. In fact, I'd recommend it (unlike the previous two-exam option).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

More info:

As you may have already heard, the latest Cisco CCNA certification news was released this week – (http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2007/prod_062507d.html). Cisco Press, the leader in CCNA self-study products, will offer a comprehensive set of materials for the new CCNA exams, including CCNA ICND1 Exam Certification Guide (1587201828), CCNA ICND2 Exam Certification Guide (158720181X), and the CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack (1587201909).

For the full press release with video clips, images and more, please visit the following link to the official announcement:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal...g=en&beanID=2133606841&viewID=news_view_popup

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. eghobor

eghobor New Member

CCNA has changed a little bit. i got mine july 25th. but i have to check the additionals out to update myself. does anybody know where i could do internship/voluntary job based on ccna in the UK.please help because i need the industry experience.

Certifications: Bsc Elect/Elect Engr.,CCNA
    WIP: MCSE,CCNP