CCNA internship/Volunteer

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by eghobor, Aug 22, 2007.

1. eghobor

eghobor New Member

Dear all,

I have just obtained CCNA and currently working on MCSE and CCNP, but i have realised that i need the industry experience as motivation to carry on with my plans and further studies. Therefore I am appealing to anybody who has got links for me to work as volunteer or intern.

Thanks8)

Certifications: Bsc Elect/Elect Engr.,CCNA
    WIP: MCSE,CCNP
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You should take a look at this thread, it has a few links to volunteer sites/programs that you may be interested in.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. eghobor

eghobor New Member

wagner, can you help.dont know where the links are.

Certifications: Bsc Elect/Elect Engr.,CCNA
    WIP: MCSE,CCNP
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Click on the link in his post, it's highlighted in blue.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Be advised that companies won't typically hire interns or accept volunteers to mess with their network infrastructure... those kind of jobs are typically handled by experienced IT veterans with many years of experience.

If you don't have any IT experience, the MCSE and CCNP aren't likely to help you much. Get an entry-level IT job and start working your way up the IT career ladder. In time, you'll have the experience required to start working with network equipment in a live business environment.

Best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!