CCNA final exam worth it??

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by shadds, Dec 1, 2008.

1. shadds

shadds Bit Poster

Hi all just stumbled on this nice little forum while looking up on the final CCNA exam.

Im a second year university student and am about to (hopefully) pass the final CCNA4 module if i can keep it together for the practical exam:biggrin

If i do pass will it be worth my while going for the final exam to gain certification? some of my tutors seem to think it isnt that important for me at the moment but i dont know if that is just because it is not part of the cirriculum or a cost/benefit issue. Ill be grateful for any feedback on this.

thanks

WIP: CCNA
  2. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

shadds,

Are you in the CCNA 3.1 curriculum, the CCNA Exploration curriculum, or the CCNA Discovery curriculum?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  3. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

IMO it would be crazy to have studied the material and not go for the exam, Sure some people may say it will hamper your cv if you have no experince, but you could say the same about attaining a degree.

WIP: LIFE
  4. shadds

shadds Bit Poster

sorry forgot to mention im currently doing the CCNA Exploration curriculum

WIP: CCNA
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I agree - if you are that close go for it.

You can always 'forget' to put it on your CV when you start looking for jobs.

But don't forget that it will expire in 3 years, so you may need to 'refresh' it before you actually get to use it!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Harry beat me to it :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Any 'extra' qualification is always worth it & may help you a long the rocky road in IT.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  8. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

shadds,

Since you mentioned that you're "...am about to (hopefully) pass the final CCNA4 module..." does that mean you're currently a CCNA Exploration Course 4 student therefore a CCNA Exploration Course 3 graduate?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!