CCNA EXAM LAB equipment

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by kevin99kevin99, Jul 23, 2008.

1. kevin99kevin99

kevin99kevin99 New Member

Hi has anybody just compelted the CCNA 801 exam, and give any advice on what equipment they use in the labs and what sort of configuration. As i may be able to get a loan of some routers and switches and wanted to see if i can the right ones. Please help as im look to take the exam on the 26th august, and i am Bricking it.

2. Bobbin1975

Bobbin1975 New Member

I've got a 2 Cisco 1601 R Routers, a 2611XM Router with 2 WIC-1T's, a 1900 series switch, 4 serial cables, countless s/t and x/over cables and 3 transceivers and that seems to do me for now!!

I've spent about £300, give or take a few quid.

Perhaps you might get a good deal on ebay?

Let me know how you get on...

Certifications: NVQ Level 3 IT, HND Computer Studies
    WIP: CCNA
  3. Bobbin1975

Bobbin1975 New Member

Ooops!!! Sorry. You said you can loan them...
    :oops:

Certifications: NVQ Level 3 IT, HND Computer Studies
    WIP: CCNA
  4. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

I am using 2x 3620 routers, 1x 2609 router, 2x 2500 routers, 2x 2950 switches, 1x 2950ei switch

But basically 2x 2500 routers, 1x 2600 (any in the range), and 2x switches (2950 or better) would do you fine.

The older switches dont support the same features unfortunatly, so I found!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  5. Ferchile

Ferchile Bit Poster

Hi there am currently looking for a good solution (home lab) for the ccna,what should i use? anything in special?

6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Funnily enough all (well, almost all) of my CCNA practice work was done using Packettracer. If you're looking for a good sim then that's the way to go.

Info link is here.

I know it's a slight digression but it may help :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

See my post, above yours

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ummm.... Isn't Packet Tracer only available to CCNA academy members? I'm pretty sure it isn't freeware - you'd best remove those links because even if I'm wrong, and there are no restrictions on downloading/using it, the site you've linked to is a warez site.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Confirmed.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Qs

Link removed. Anyone who wishes to download said software must do it from the CISCO website. I suggest removing the quotation to my original post as it also contains the link.

FYI - The site I linked to was a blog site which is not inherently a 'warez' site. Regardless... link removed.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Uh... a site that directs you to where you can download software illegally IS a warez site, regardless of whether they actually host the files there or not. :dry Justify it and rationalize it as a "blog" all you want... but the ONLY reason for a "blog" entitled "Free Downloads" is to distribute warez (in this case, via a free file sharing site). Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to paint it as something it isn't...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Cheers - I wasn't just bustin' ya chops :biggrin

If you check that site out, you'll see that, whilst it is 'technically' a blog (i.e. hosted at blogspot), every single post provides download links to warez or copyrighted films.

FWIW, I think Cisco should give Packet Tracer away - its a great learning aid.

13. Qs

zebulebu - the link to the site is still in the quotation lol. now you're the one providing it. lol

I totally agree. I also think that Cisco should distribute it freely. Ah well...

14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOLOL - excellent spot - cheers!
    :oops:

15. Qs

:wink:

We'll have to agree to be good from now on eh? :p

16. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Just a quick note to double check your study material and the exam objectives as you mention exam 801 which is retired, you now have to take 640-802 which has some additions.

Hope this helps

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  17. Ferchile

Ferchile Bit Poster

i need packet tracker my friends having the idea of buying more stuff is not suitable in this case.:(

18. Ferchile

Ferchile Bit Poster