CCNA Exam Booked

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by kevicho, Aug 4, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I have this week off work and so will spend most of it studying as want to get my CCNA out of the way.
    I have 7 microsoft books to read and also want to do my driving test asap so dont have time to waste lol.

So it is booked for 11th August, so have 1 week to cram and polish up on skills.

So a week of STP, VTP, NAT, EIGRP and more strange letter combinations :)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Good luck for the exam :D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hope your week of revision goes well.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

good luck. out of interest, what did you use to study?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. BosonBill

BosonBill New Member

Hi KevinO

Could you please let me know how long you studied for before you have decided to write your CCNA Exams?

What material / Books did you use.

Your help is greatly apprciated.

Thanks

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Umm... 'scuse me... but who are you? To my knowledge, and according to the company directory, we don't have a Bill, or a William.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You have a stalker :twisted::p

Good luck on the exam Kevicho :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Haven't looked through the t&c's for a while Mike, but not sure that is of any relevance. I am sure someone could call themselves cisco1, or microsoft2 if they wanted to.

10. BosonMichael

Or tripwire46? or sim0ngrahamuk? Or AJsBrother? That's a misunderstanding just waiting to happen.

Just sayin'. There's might not be anything against it in the T&Cs, but there's also nothing wrong with me stating that he's not affiliated with Boson.

EDIT: For the record, someone couldn't necessarily call themselves cisco1 or microsoft2; those names are trademarked, as is Boson. Might not be against the forum, but it's against the law here in the US:

Thus, if I called myself MicrosoftMichael, and made comments that doesn't put Microsoft in a favorable light, Microsoft could come after me.

Not certain about UK trademark law, but it seems to be quite similar: link

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Fair point Mike, but i think any member would take a fair bit to earn your title.

I am not accociated with the scripts and characters Jon Sullivan wrote for the BBC :biggrin

12. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Perhaps, but i doubt they would want to do anything about it unless the member in question were claiming to be acting on their behalf.

In Boson's case, it has meanings and other companies in any case.

13. BosonMichael

I doubt they'd want to take a chance on litigation asserting that one could reasonably assume what the trademark "Boson" means on an IT certification forum. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'. If they want to take that chance, they can take that chance. But you might wanna get the popcorn ready. :popcorn

14. BosonMichael

I don't need a title. However, I *am* going to defend the integrity of the trademark of the company I work for. No damage has been done... but I'm here to see that no damage IS done.

No, you're not associated with Jon Sullivan's work... but neither are you on a forum regarding BBC shows, particularly on one where others ARE associated with Sullivan's work.

EDIT: BosonBill may just be a product supporter, and if so, I am thankful. However, there is a huge chance for misrepresentation of our brand. Thus, my concern.

15. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Well I have the ICND2 official book and the command reference book, cbt nuggets, and also a subscription to howtonetwork, some good stuff in all 4, but also using the kit as much as possible, did some CCNA stuff while i was being messed around with my CCENT exam (which is all still in the old noggin so anything new is just building on what i know and some covering what i over - researched on the CCENT)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  16. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Unless i am mistaken, you are not on a forum regarding the "Boson" you are referring to, but a generic, IT certification one. Now shall we get
    :offtopic

Kevicho - thanks for the input, appreciated.

17. BosonMichael

Huh? Make no mistake, I might be here of my own free will... but I *am* an employee of Boson Software, and I am on the forum regarding the Boson I refer to, not some "generic" version. And I may not spamvertise our stuff here, but I *will* defend the company. If that's a problem, which it hasn't been for the past ten-thousand-plus posts, you just let me know.

18. ninja_maritz

ninja_maritz New Member

:biggrin

Takin' a sideways glance at the standard model of particle physics to make sure no trademarks are getting infringed...

So a thread about 'CCNA exam booked' turns into an in-depth discussion on copyright infringement. Which for some reason seems to be the subject of most of the threads I happen to look at on here. Guess I'm just unlucky.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: CCNA, CCNP
  19. BosonMichael

Actually, trademark infringement... that's different from copyright infringement. :)

Hey, if you don't like the threads you see, create some of your own! ;)

20. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster