CCNA Exam - Allowed to write during exam?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by swatto, Dec 9, 2012.

1. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Hi all,

I am due to take the ICND1 exam early next year (january time) and I was wondering if I could do working out on paper or do I have to do it all in my head during the exam?

Thanks for any help.

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I always thought with Cisco exams you got 15 minutes at th beginning with a pen and sheet of paper to write anything you needed and then that was it!?!

Most people right down a couple of grids to be able to so their subnets if they aren't too good at doing it in their heads etc. That was what I have always been told at least!?!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

With all the Cisco exams I've sat I've been provided with a marker pen and some laminated paper to use during the exam. I find it useful for the occasional subnetting confirmation.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  4. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

If you are testing with Pearson VUE (which I believe is the only vendor) You are give a Whiteboard pen and Laminated paper as cunning fox said. You can use this all the way through the exam.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

As Mr Fox said, use it to jot down subnetting stuff, the only things I write down are IP's addresses for the labs that you are required to do, other than that you will find that you won't need to write anything, it'll all be in your head, if it is not in your head then you are not ready for the exam.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  6. GW

GW Byte Poster

What I do is I buy a dry erase fine point marker and I keep that in my pocket and use it during the test, the last couple exams I took the marker they gave me was one of those big chisel point markers that are used on the big white boards so trying to write a lot of info legibly on the 8"11" white board is difficult to say the least. If I didn't bring that pen with me I would have had problems like the first time when I tried doing my subnetting chart with the pen they provided.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA