CCNA course

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by 5aq1b, Sep 12, 2007.

1. 5aq1b

5aq1b Bit Poster

Does anybody know any decent companies which offer the CCNA course? I know of a few but dont know if they are any good or not? Hoping someone could offer some advice.

Reason for asking is that my employer may be willing to put me through the CCNA, but they don't normally in my department as it doesnt entail to their business needs.

I know of a few people who have had bad experience since taking out the course and paying the cash, ie. lack of support etc.

Plus, the knowledge i had of the Cisco course was that there were 4 semesters, which at the end you could take the 640-801 exam and that was you CCNA certified. I've read / heard that the layout is changing? How much does it differ from the above? And would the Sybex book that i have become totally irrelevant?

2. 5aq1b

5aq1b Bit Poster

Bump bump

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd recommend self-study for the CCNA, but I'm weird like that. :)

The 640-801 exam is retiring November 6, 2007. The "layout" isn't changing... but some of the exam content is changing... older topics are being phased out, and newer topics (IPv6, wireless) are being phased in.

Books that test on the old objectives may be slightly irrelevant, containing the older info and not containing the newer info, but the majority of stuff is still relevant. That said, if you want to maximize the chances you'll pass, I would recommend you study something that covers the new version of the exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

5aq1b,

The Cisco Networking Academy Program is where I first learned about Cisco and the Cisco Certified Network Associate. Use the following "Academy and Class Locator Basic Search" tool to find the one nearest you. What's your background? Techie? Non-techie?

Source:
    1. Academy Connection - Academy and Class Locator Basic Search - http://locators.netacad.net/cnams/locators/AcademyClassLocator.jsp

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA