CCNA - Commsupport.co.uk

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Sackhead, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Sackhead

Sackhead New Member

Hello everyone!

I am a new member of the forum and am currently sitting a CCNA course at my local College, and while everything is going fine the 2 year time-frame on completing the course is a bit long for my liking. To be honest I'm taking the course as a way out of helpdesk and desktop work which is starting to bore the pants of me, and I would prefer not to have to endure it for another 18 months! I've done the 1st semester work and while not a walk in the park I don't think I'll have too many concerns with a more intensive course.

There are a loads of training centres offerring CCNA courses in one or two weeks, has anyone had any experience of these?

I have seen one that looks pretty tempting, as you may have guessed from the title it Commsupport.co.uk. They seem to know what they're on about, and 500 pounds seems a great price. The thing is I can't find anything about them on the net and I'm loathe to hand over the cash untill I can hear some independant reviews on them. Anyone had any experience with this company??

Thanks in advince

Carl

Certifications: Bsc (Hons), ITIL, HDI Helpdesk Cert.
    WIP: CCNA
  2. just4abdullah

just4abdullah New Member

actually i want to start the CCNA with them as well next month

Certifications: BTEC Diploma, CCNA, 2MCP'
    WIP: MCSA
  3. spuddy1

spuddy1 Bit Poster

Well i start CCNA on the 20th of January with comms support. So for so good communication as been first class and also sent out Cisco press books in the post to read before you go. Ill keep you posted.

jon

4. just4abdullah

just4abdullah New Member

any comments guys about commsupport.co.uk

we still waiting for replys

Certifications: BTEC Diploma, CCNA, 2MCP'
    WIP: MCSA
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hello

I have just been browsing the web and came across this thread. I thought I would join and post a thread.

My name is Joe and I run Commsupport. I am quite chuffed to see my company being discussed, don't worry I am not here to sell. Just to let you chaps know that we run "free" one day "intro to cisco networking courses" twice a month, anyone can come, completely free of charge.

We do this for two reason, one to reasure potential students that we are not complete loons and to make sure that w give the potential student the clearest possible picture of what is involved in networking before they commit to the course.

At the end of the day you make your own minds up about us and if we are the right company to teach you. The only catch to the day is that you have to bring your own sarnies.

Any questions just visit our site.

Cheers

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  6. spuddy1

spuddy1 Bit Poster

Well finished the course today and nothing but good things to say about the course, the course is long and very tough going so my advice is make sure you go in well prepared before you start, something I wish I had done myself a little more.

Joe the instructor is A1, in fact all the instructors were great and very helpful, end of the day there would be nothing worse then feeling uncomfortable asking questions, but you these guys are so approachable and don’t matter how many stupid questions you throw at them they are always happy to answer(believe me I asked quite a few)

The course is also taught at quite a steady pace, I was expecting it to be 100 miles per hour, but there was plenty of time to complete the labs and get everything done.

To be honest ive been on other courses through work for MCSE etc and to me comms support are by for the most professional and fairly priced training provider ive been on and to make things better Joe is a real Cisco engineer and a real teacher not just the latter of the two.

So that’s my opinion and you guys can make your own mind up at the end of the day, but if you do decide make sure you take advantage of the free day they offer, that will give you a good idea before you part with you hard earned money.

Peace out

Jon

7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Am I the only one here who is getting a little suspicious of these threads? I mean no offence to anyone at Commsupport, but this forum is meant as a resource to help people studying for certifications - not as a place for people to state how great their training provider was/is ad nauseum.

I'm not suggesting that these are spammers, but there ARE a lot of people coming on here lately posting once or twice about this particular company who certainly make it look like they're spamming or shilling for them.

Just my tuppenorth.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  8. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

In the past two weeks we've seen numerous messages posted about this company. Even more suspicious is the fact that most of the posters are either brand new or haven't posted more than a handful of posts previously.

9. spuddy1

spuddy1 Bit Poster

So my opinon is not as valid as yours because i choose not to spend my all life posting on this forum? Listen up, read my previous posts its not rocket science, i dont have anything to do with comms support, i was simply answering a question to help a fellow member who posed the question about the company and because ive just finished the course i thought it might be a good idea to let the guy interested hear my veiws.

So what you saying.

A) Lets not help people anymore by answering threads?

B) Diss the course and say it was shite because you prefare to study a different way then some.

Personally i prefare this option below

C) Dont post unless you contribute something to the thread.

peace out

Jon

10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I was going to post a big long response to this, but I don't think I'll bother. Thanks for your advice about not posting unless I have something to contribute though - that's gold, and I'll certainly remember it for the future.

11. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

If you get off your high horse and re-read the posts I think you'll find that

a) no one said don't help people
    b) no one said anything negative at all about the company or the courses they provide.
    c) I posted to make a valid point.

12. spuddy1

spuddy1 Bit Poster

Tell me this

You stated the forum is meant as a resource to help people studying, Well read the first post of the thread and what does the guy want answering?

13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

No mate - you tell me THIS.

Go back and read my original contribution to this thread. Then read your response to me - and your second response to me again. Then tell me whether you don't just need to chill just a little bit?

I have been around the block quite a bit, and have seen communities very much like this one disappear up their own arse because of shilling. I quite like it here, and have stuck around for a while as a result. I do NOT want to see it go the same way as numerous other communities I have been a part of

For you to insinuate that I am somehow 'sad' because I spend 'my life' here is both flat out wrong, and insulting. I care about the community here - have had help from many people on more occasions than I care to count and have a right to be suspicious when a company that, until about three weeks ago no-one here had ever heard of is suddenly the subject of numerous big-ups from people who have never posted here before. Had you bothered to read my post in the first place you would have noticed that YOU WERE NOT AMONGST THE GROUP I WAS REFERRING TO. Your membership date clearly shows you joined the forum in 2003 - how in the name of Holy God could I have been referring to you in my post?

Like I said - wind your neck in, go take a drink of something and relax.

14. spuddy1

spuddy1 Bit Poster

Well you couldnt answer my question because you know you was wrong and then tried to cover your tracks saying the post was not refering to me because ive been a member since 2003, so if it had nothing to do with me, why did you respond to my post?

And please dont tell me to wind my neck!

15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

See? This is why I didn't bother with a long response originally. The thread was started by someone who has never posted here before and has two comments from someone else who has also never posted here before, then has a response from someone who owns or runs the school telling everyone about his company. The first two are classic shilling techniques that have been around for centuries - PT Barnum used to send people into towns ahead of his freakshows talking to each other about them in an effort to drum up business.

Personally, I don't think that anyone who works for a training school should be allowed to post on what is supposedly an impartial forum. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with other people here, it's just the way I feel.

And after being called 'sad' by you, I think I'm entitled to tell you to wind your neck in in response. Your problem seems to be that you think I am having a dig at you when I'm not. If you want to go on thinking that way, then good luck to ya.

16. spuddy1

spuddy1 Bit Poster

Please answer the question and also quote me were i said ithat you was sad? I was stating that because im not a keen poster it does not mean my post as any less value the yours.

I think its you who needs a drink mate!

17. cisco lab rat

Hello everyone again

If the posts regarding commsupport are offensive to the ethos of this forum then I would suggest that the chaps that run this site remove all mention of my company past, present and future.

Let me re-empasis that prior to two weeks ago I had never logged onto cert forums and on that note nor had many of my other students, I only stumbled across it when I was researching what key words people were using to look up cisco training courses, it so happened that the "commsupport" name was being used, since I thought why would you google a name that you already knew the site address to?.

I said in a previous thread when JohnB raised the question regarding possible "shilling" or "spamming",and I will say it again, there is no foul play here.

I do not require, want or seek any promotion from this site, but when my company and its methods are criticized as they were in a another thread I will not stand aside and allow it to go unanswered. This is a forum that allows people to freely express their views and opinions and so I replied and defended my company, the company that I built from nothing, the company that I work at on average 18 hours a day 7 days a week.

If a member does come onto this forum requesting an opinion do not be surprised when he receives one, and once in a while he may even receive one based on real experience rather than perceived collective dogma that all training companies are sharks.

I would like to say thanks to Jon for his feedback, sorry that other members believe him to be an employee or agent of commsupport, I can assure you Jon is no way associated to commsupport other than having attended the course last week.

P.S If training companies and brain dump sites and all other so called "con artists" are the scurge to all members of "cert forum" then may I suggest that you cease to run their adverts on this site, you can't hunt with the hounds and run with the foxes

18. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Ok Chaps,

I'm gona put my bit in here. The points originally raised by John Bradbury and Zeb are relevent concerns that even the staff here have had. Up until a few weeks ago the name Commsupport was one that I had never heard of, nor, I believe, had the majority of our other members.

In the past the staff have always initially given people the benefit of doubt and seen where the thread was headed before taking action, as is the case in this very thread. It is only because members such as Zeb and JB have seen threads go downhill here before that they are raising their concerns, and in my opinion rightly so. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and has the right to express it, what concerns me though is when people respond believing that it is a personal attack on themselves. Certforums will not tollerate personal attacks by ANY member.

Commsupport may well not be as big as other training companies so when someone asks about them it tends to attract quite a bit more attention than someone asking about say CompuTeach or Skills Train. Joe has kindly taken the time to respond to threads relating to his company, just as any other member would do if it were their company. He has tried to offer a realistic response to peoples queries and taken on board any criticisms. His students may have been on these boards for a long time, but only choose to respond to questions that they are able to for the simple reason that they have been there and can offer real world advice.

So long as all contributions stay this way then I see no reason for anything to change.

8)

EDIT: Joe if you see ad's for BD's can you please let a member of staff know so that we can get them removed.

19. cisco lab rat

OK Here's one I spotted a moment ago

www.ready4exam.com
    get your ccna in 3 days,

crikey, hows that for starters, you pay them to take exams for you, genius!!!

why didn’t I think of that, charge people to do their exams, therefore I wouldn't have to bother to run my "Freakshow".

20. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

LOL :D That did make me chuckle!!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...