CCNA certificate not arrived?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by flopstocks, Aug 11, 2009.

1. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Hello I passed my CCNA on 23-7-2009 but I am yet to receive a certifiacte. After logging in I have found a page where I have to pay $15 for one, is this the usual process?

I would have thought that after paying £140 for a exam, the certificate would be provided.

Certifications: A+, Network+, CCNA, BSc(Hons) Open
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If it's on their website, then yes. Ms is doing this now, and I bet pretty soon Comptia, Citrix, etc will follow suit :rolleyes:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Hm guess I will have to pay then, it's $45 for tracking think I will leave that off lol

I also have this page under certification progress, it looks like I have been enrolled on other courses?

Anyone know whats going on?

[​IMG][/IMG]

4. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

You don't have to pay (yet) any extra for your Certificate, it's not unknown for them to take up to 6 weeks to arrive.

The CCNA is a prerequisite for other Cisco Professional level certifications and passing it automatically enrols you on to those programmes.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  5. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Thanks, So if I sit here and do nothing a printed certificate should arrive. Would this also include a wallet card?

What does this mean now I have been enroled on other courses? Will I have access to the training materials?

I tend to get a bit lost when looking around Cisco's site :(

6. TTab

TTab Bit Poster

Not Cisco approved myself, yet!, but I believe the $15 charge is for additional certificates, as per the link below.
    http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2487
    Flopstocks, did you attend a CCNA course or self-study?, I ask, because I wonder how much a switch / router set-up would cost for a CCNA home lab.

Certifications: MCP 70-270 MCTS 70-680
    WIP: MCSA / CCENT
  7. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

No access to other Cisco materials i'm afraid just the ability to attempt the other professional level certifications such as CCNP etc where it is a prerequisite to first hold the CCNA qual - Think of it as the CCNA being the first module in one of those tracks.

Just checked on the site and the $15 charge is definately for extra certificates, wallet cards are also still sent. As long as you have confirmed your name and address on the site it should just be a case of waiting it out.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  8. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Thanks mate that makes sense, kind of threw me when it said I've been enroled on the other courses lol

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sucks that electronic copies are also $15. :dry At least you can print Microsoft certificates for free.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Yes that is a total ripoff!

11. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

flopstocks,

Have you logged into http://www.vue.com and verified that according to Vue, you passed the "CCNA certification qualifying exam?"

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  12. Bonneville

Bonneville Bit Poster

Passed my CCNA on 15 July 2009 and received my certificate on 12 August 2009.

Certifications: MCSE, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Security, CCNP
  13. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

Still no cert, but should be here soon I think.

I did my CCNA through the open university, they provide day schools with hands on. I used tesco clubcard vouchers to pay for it (they are worth 4 times there value that way). Also worth applying for financial support, really surprised when I got more money back :-)

14. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'm not being funny but if they have made the adjustment to your candidate profile page on the net to say you have passed do you really need the certificate?

The compTIA ones I have and the MS ones I have are ****e I could get better quality from a dot matrix printer so I am not bothered about the certs aslong as I can prove it on my candidate pages is all I am bothered about.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  15. pedwar1

pedwar1 New Member

I passed ICND1 in Feb, a couple of weeks later I hadn't received my certificate so like you I assumed I had to pay the £15 for it which kind of annoyed me. About 2 weeks later my certificate arrived, then about 4 weeks after that, another one did..... turns out you do get one automatically, they are just slow in sending them out. I would hang on for it.

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA
  16. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

My certificate arrived today (took exactly the same time as Bonneville's to arrive). I'm glad I waited as I almost purchased the additional pack.

I must say I expected it to be better quality

17. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Glad you got it and didnt waste money on another :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)