CCNA 640-802 Format?

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by TheCraig1988, Apr 11, 2011.

1. TheCraig1988

TheCraig1988 New Member

Hey All,

Great Forum, Valuable recourse!!

I am looking to sit the 640-802 exam in the coming months, just a quick question as to what is the format of this exam?

Is it 60 multiple choice questions?

Is it simulated packet tracer exercises?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated

2. GW

GW Byte Poster

From all that I have heard it is around 50 or 60 questions and from past experience the simulations are not like packet tracer but very much how it would be if you were connected to a real router, when I last took a Cisco exam years ago it was pretty buggy but I hear it is a lot better now and even more realistic. If you go to the Cisco Learning network at this location:

http://www.cisco.com/comm/applicati...Vue_CCNATutorial_Tlt_Sim_simlet_v4_010505.swf

It will show you the different types of question formats they use and you can practice using the question formats so you are prepped for the exam but from my experience for the router simulation you want to gain access to real hardware and practice configuring and troubleshooting, packet tracer is good but it's not totally like how real hardware works so real hardware give you all the different problems and quirks that you can expect in the real world.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA