CCIE Voice Written

Discussion in 'Voice' started by Sjostke, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Sjostke

Sjostke New Member

Hello,

Anybody learning for CCIE Voice written? I am. 8)

Sjostke

2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I think the good Mr Bryant may well me going for that as his next goal, he may drop a reply later :)
    I must say I had the pleasure of a brief 'introduction' to voip course by the guy who I did my PIX course with, very confusing at first, but very interesting, has got me playing around with VoIP technology at home (non cisco ofcourse, im not minted) :)

Good luck on that, sounds like one hell of an aim :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. conty

conty New Member

I am also doing that...... R/S already, and want to be a VOICE.

4. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

I'm not doing it but I want to be. :p

about 6 months ago the outsourcing company I was working for lost the contract for the client site I was based at (nothing to do with me I promise 8) ).

Because of this they told me I still had a place in the company but I could take voluntary redundancy any time over the next 3 months. The place they had for me was to suddenly 'learn' VoIP... I'm a second line IT software/hardware support guy with a good 6 years of experience but the closest I've come to a router is the simulation I'm about to download for the CCNA I'm studying for.........

Anyway I got quite excited about being trained up to do VoIP projects, 2 months into my 3 month review period I was sat doing not a lot at head office, not a sniff of VoiP training, not a flicker of any networking or conventional PABX training, nothing.

So I took the redundancy and got another 2nd line IT support job. It's a real shame because I really really wanted to get into the whole VoIP thing.

I guess I'll have to do it on my own- see you after I've done my CCNA :twisted:

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  5. terminalvelocity777

terminalvelocity777 New Member

Hi,

I have passed my Written and hoping to do the lab early next year. If you want to pass it you have to really get into the voice side (sucking eggs i know) it is really interesting but typical Cisco very confusing too (or is that just me)

Go for it there is such a shortage of VOIP Certs out there.

Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, CQVPNS, CIPTD, CIPTOS,CCVP,C
    WIP: CCIE Voice Written Passed lab to go
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. elpelao80

elpelao80 New Member

Hi terminalvelocity777,

I am testing newt week and I will like to get some tips. Perhaps you could give me a hand. The hardest part I believe will be QoS and IPCC. If you want to give me a hand that will be appreciated. I will certainly return the favor :)

Thanks,

9. sleen

sleen New Member

Hi Sjostke,
    I am currently preparing for CCIE voice written.How far have you gone?

10. ColinCamper

ColinCamper Bit Poster

I may be wrong! :(

But I was figuring that if I finish the CCVP, I will (only!) need to do Unity, IPCC express/IP-IVR and MPLS to prepare for the written.

Is that about right?

I may get the bosons for this exam and let that guide me to the level of detail for IPCC. I may already know enough - I was with Cisco when it was still branded geotel - I'll check it out.

I'm not worried about the Unity and MPLS as I have some pretty good books on those subjects.

Certifications: CCNA MCP
  11. ronbeacom

ronbeacom New Member

I am working on this as well. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to email me
    [email protected] Once you have your CCIE Voice your on your way

12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

\its not a very good idea to publicly show your email address you will get spammed to death.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. angelinascott

angelinascott New Member

I got through the CCVP and going towords Labs...
    If you are going towords voice, It is very confusing plus facinating... You need to practice alot that is what i learned through my experiance, knowing the technology at the finger tips and dancing with them is the only way out !!! :biggrin

Certifications: CCVP
    WIP: CCIE Voice Labs
  14. rathi_tce

rathi_tce New Member

Hi Sjostke,

I am also currently preparing for CCIE voice written. I started preparing last month (from May). How far you are?

rathi_tce

15. ciscobuy

ciscobuy Banned

Congrats on the pass. CCIE Voice is in high demand here in the states.