CCIE Voice Bootcamp in England

Discussion in 'Voice' started by Jacob Ari, May 16, 2007.

1. Jacob Ari

Jacob Ari New Member

I was looking to attend the CCIE Voice Bootcamp soon and came across this link. The bootcamp starts on June 4 and is being held in England

http://www.nhtraining.com/inetenterprise.htm

It seems these voicebootcamp guys are everywhere these days. Has anyone attended their bootcamps before? I just wanted some feedback. No I dont work for these guys. I wish I did. I probably wouldnt have to pay for my CCIE voice :)

I just want want some honest feedback, if this a good bootcamp to attend? Any testimonials?

I live in England and this will be much more convenient for me.

Thanks

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

How familiar with the subject matter are you? The concensus of opinion here is that if you know a fair bit of the stuff then the fierce pace of the bootcamp won't be too bad. If you *don't* know it you could be lost on the first day.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. A.Zid

A.Zid Bit Poster

I have not gone through this boot, but I attended to winNET Boot camp in Uk by Harith (Quadruple CCIE)

So i can give you bit of an advice on Boot camps in general, if you are not ready with all your home work, then you better not attened.

boot camps are there to polish you up, when you slect one look in to these matters..

1. Instrutor most important.. in my case Harith is an excellent trainer, he could clearly explain and guide any student.
    2. you are going to face the labs alone..so do not go to a place with sharing racks... Find a place with dedicated racks.
    3. Do not get caught to promotonal offers.. see teh real value of it...boot camps are expensive.. but still it worths the value ...

4. Lance Nile

Lance Nile New Member

I thought WinNET was in Canada?

Certifications: MCSE, CCVP, Network+, A+
    WIP: CCIE Voice
  5. mikemc

mikemc New Member

Here is a place to avoid.
    Buyer beware. Do not purchase classes or bootcamps from Faisal at voicebootcamp.com. They are located in Canada but also teach around the world.
    Most americans are probably becoming aware that voicebootcamp is a **** but some do not kow yet. If you live in East asia, then you might not have as many options but people in the states or Europe, stay away from voicebootcamp.com

This is what you can expect. They claim to offer unlimited retakes till you pass but this is a **** . I have tried 5 times now to retake a class and every time they (voicebootcamp) come up with an excuse. They will post dates on their site but at the very last minute they will call you and claim the class is cancelled. The last time I called about a class I was supposed to be enrolled in they told me that it was cancelled yet I couldnt speak to the instructor. Seems like the class was in progress but I wasnt allowed to resit - hmm. Very fishey. I spoke with one of their ex employees, a sales manager who actually sold me the package and she told me that Faisal basically sits at home and when a company calls that has 5 people, he will travel to where ever they are located and teach the class. The dates and locations on his web site are almost never true as he will cancel it unless he has a full class and that he will do everything in his power to offer an excuse and prevent someone from retaking a class. It is not in his interest to offer retakes. But he will advertise this as it makes a good selling point, but he has no plans to honor this.

Again, I have tried 5 separate times to retake the class and it was all in vain. This was over 1 year I tried. I had 2 other students in my class that requested a full refund as they were not satisfied with the quality. We could not get the remote sessions working correctly and his updates were not complete.
    In his video lectures he will be on a topic and then when he cant get the lab to work he will just end the video. Voicebootcamp is not profesional at all.

I have tried calling Faisal on his cell phone, work phone and his manager (this person changes every few months- high turnover) and via email but no one will return my messages.
    Voicebootcamp has no desire to assist the students and their policy is:
    you can get a 100 percent refund after the first day only. After that, you get nothing.

I would suggest going to any other school than voicebootcamp.
    try ipexpert,ccbootcamp, globalknowledge, internetworkexpert,winet, anybody else.

Good luck on your studies and just be warned that voicebootcamp is a really bad company and I have many complaints about this company. I wish I had done more research into this company before spending 4500 USD. Voicebootcamp is a waste of money.

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

So - in short - you've got an axe to grind with a specific TP and thought you'd necropost a follow-up to a thread that was last active when mammal-like reptiles were the dominant force on the Earth?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. Tieken

Tieken Bit Poster

Thanks mikemc, useful info.

8. VoiceMentor

VoiceMentor New Member

Hello Jacob,

You raise an interesting point and one that is quite topical indeed and often misunderstood I feel. Most candidates for bootcamps tend to view it as a short cut to the magic number - but the reality is that the CCIE exam naturally consists of a vast plethora of technical requirements, which even with the best will in the world, simply can not be learnt in for example 5 or 10 days alone.

Ultimately there are 2 choices I see for students (speaking as a person who has attended at least 2 major vendor bootcamps) - you either prep all you can prior to the course and use the class to polish up - or you take a more gradual approach with a slightly more structured or longer course.

Setting expectations in the industry of training is really no different from consulting with customers and selling them solutions, what i mean by this is that you wouldn't expect to sell a Unified Coms system to a customer without being required to explain 'what's in the box' - likewise, why would you take a class without understanding exactly what you will learn? The significance of this is that once you know precisely what you will be learning - and the level of the knowledge being taught - then it sets your expectation in terms of the level you need to be at in order to truly benefit from the class. It would be a waste of money for example to go to an advanced class without a very deep understanding of the topics - even if it does say "get your CCIE in 5 days", or "guaranteed pass".

One thing is certain as you pointed out, there are more an more options for this level of training than ever before, so it is important to choose wisely and if at all possible - visit the premises of the course - this will give you a very good indication from other students how the content and environment is as I have noticed a few times that what is printed on the website does not always translate in reality in the actual paid class.

With all the above said, I genuinely hope the above has been of some use to you.

Best of luck indeed.

9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Dude - Jacob ain't been seen round here for about three years.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. VoiceMentor

VoiceMentor New Member

Thanks for pointing that out - actually I had missed the date stamp on the original question, but I hope the post may be useful for others pondering the same question perhaps.

Regards,

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

sniff sniff... is that spam I smell? Responding to old posts... check. Potential company name as a user name... check. No real introduction... check. At least there's no link in the sig!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. VoiceMentor

VoiceMentor New Member

Sir,

Apologies if I came across anonymous, however I was merely trying to comply with the terms regarding not using the boards in a commercial sense to promote one's own business. My pseudo name has no affiliation to any business or venture, actually it was my first post on this board, and I simply did not read the original post date stamp.

I mentor many of my staff in the Network & Telecom space at my current workplace, hence the name. Not so sure about the 'spam' as my response was genuine and unbiased.

Kind Regards

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If that is indeed true, you have my apologies, and I hope you remain on the forum.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!