CCENT Study Guide

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by craigie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

An SDM simulator would work. :)

Here's Boson NetSim in action:

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Well, for 99 $ I could get a couple of routers too, which I can still sell afterwards :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, those are pretty much the only solutions available, my friend. Most of the video-based training stuff out there is about that expensive (or more so), and you wouldn't get any actual hands-on experience.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. addernoire

addernoire New Member

Hello Craigie!!!

You do realise that when you do use Cisco Packet Tracer, there are only a few commands that do work. Not all the commands are available. One good question is this; which is better, going for a CCNA or doing the CCNA in two stages i.e ICND1 and ICND2?

Any help would be appreciated as I am new to this forum.

Rob

WIP: ICND 1
  5. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I wouldn't say only a few commands work in packet tracer. In fact most if not all the commands that you need to learn for ICND1 work in packet tracer.

All the commands needed to complete the labs in this thread certainly work. That's not to say that you shouldn't seek to do some things on a real life lab in studying for the CCENT. For one thing you need to know how to use SDM and that can't be done in packet tracer.

I've seen a lot of people recommending the two test route.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  6. ddools101

ddools101 New Member

Does anyone where I would be able to get a copy of the CBT Nugget to download for my CCENT start?
    Thank you very much..
    STE

Certifications: none
    WIP: CCENT
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I sure do, go and download it from here

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. simonjenkins

simonjenkins Bit Poster

I used the official study guides my Wendell Odom and i did just fine.

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, ITIL, CISSP, CEH
  9. networkkiddo

networkkiddo New Member

thanks for the share

10. Damsou

Damsou New Member

Great LAB