CCENT (on the cheap) - Started

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by VantageIsle, Jun 29, 2009.

1. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Well after a few weeks loafing around after sitting the 70-622 I have decided to start the CCENT.

I'm using This book. Surplus to requirements from the training department at work.

One of the networking guys has offered to lend me a router and switch from his home lab (he self studied CCNA and CCNP)and I can borrow a few cables from work.

On top of this, work will cough up for the exam!

Talk about budget certification! cost to me so far £0 :biggrin The price is right!

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

best of luck.....i'm going to get this done soon aswell, haven't properly started studying yet though.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im working on CCENT too and using the same book - on the WAN concepts now (Chpt 4) havent come across anything new so far. As for my lab 4 routers (6 WIC1T) and 2 switches which only cost me £220... 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

If you're after another book for some reason, Sybex's book is very well written imho.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  5. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Nice, good book selection. Not to mention free is the best price. Good luck on your studies!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Yes, the ones authored by Todd Lammle are generally well regarded.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Do any of you UK folks use the WIC Adsl cards? I'd like to get one and use it with my lab. LINK

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Cheers Guys. Cool, I guess a few of us are studying the CCENT/CCNA at the moment!

Thanks for the recommendations if I need another book I will look at the sybex one, although this may mean parting with some cash:eek: we will see how stuck I get.

Its only concentrating on TCP/Ip and networking basics at the moment.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA