CCENT on 27th!!! Any Advice

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by awesomeadil, Jul 19, 2008.

1. awesomeadil

awesomeadil New Member

Hi!!

I am new to this forum and I am taking my CCENT on the 27th so I would appreciate any advice or help....

Thanks

Adil

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Study and practice and on the job experience.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. deadzebra

deadzebra Bit Poster

Try to be calm (I wasted at least the first 10 minutes on this exam due to stress and not concentrating),

Put effort into completing the Sims and of course be quick with subnetting. If you have covered/understood most things from Wendell’s ICND1 exam book, then you should be fine.

I passed with a score of 883 - which was a bit of a pleasant surprise because I thought I was going to fail, due to the bad start I had. As I've already said in another post, by completing all the Sims I believe this boosted/recovered my score.

Nick.

Certifications: CCENT, Network+, MCP, SCSP, BTEC
    WIP: CCNA
  4. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

I wrote out my subnetting chart whilst doing the warm-up questions. I already knew how to subnet in my head, but it was there just as a reference

Time is tight in the exam, but dont rush. I did, and finished in 65 minutes and passed , but got very stressed!

oh, and when you have been doing a sim, always finish with a 'copy run start' - I dont know if it gets any points, but is worth doing!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Every reference guide ive read so far says that the cisco tests dont accept the shorter commands, so i guess that isnt true, anyways im making sure i know the full length command, but thanks for the tips.

I did the same with my 70-291, wrote subnetting notes etc while doing the warm up, didnt need them though, but handy to double check lol

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

maybe it didnt accept the short one. Oh well, you can just type copy run {TAB} start {TAB} so that it finishes the command off

Im doing my 291 exam after my CCNA one!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

The best advice I can give is to know your stuff. Know how to subnet in your head. Don't spend too much time on one question. The time will get you if you're not prepared. However, if you are prepared, you shouldn't have any problem.