CCENT Exam

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by kevicho, Jul 10, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Booked for the 12th, was feeling ready to go, got an email yesterday syaing they would have to reschedule as they are having building works.

Wanted the 19th, fully booked, so have to wait till the 26th now.

Doh

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To bad about your exam date, but good luck with the exam when you do take it :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Nyargh! they've cancelled on me again! Perhaps its a sign i should forget about cisco as "they" wont let me take the exams lol!

Still I managed to get in locally for monday at 2.15pm, means time off work tho :(

Seriously though i have kept up the study and will be doing more over the weekend, ill try to look at it as a bonus, if i fail now im going to instead go for a mcqualification instead.

Bah

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  4. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hope you pass, good luck :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

bah, arrived at work this morning, saw my appointment printout on desk and thought tihs (backwards), only gone and forgot to put my photo ID in my wallet.

So will have to leave work at 12 to go home to pick it up, exam is at 2.15 so have plenty of time, but making sure with my crummy bus service

This exam isnt meant to be lol

Still otherwise i feel reasonably confident.

kev#show interface brain
    input 21365465321 bytes
    output 0 bytes

6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good luck with the exam as am sure you'd do well.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

so how did it go???

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  8. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

well im relieved to say i passed (got in the 890s), not sure if im going to have a break or make a start on the ICND 2 book tomorrow

Had a few beers to celebrate, been tee total for a month (apart from 1 night lol)

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Keep the momentum going! Once you stop, it's hard to get started again!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

True, the ICND 2 book went in my bag this morning, for a read on the tram lol

11. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Something that occured to me as well, the lady invigilating the test asked me who I did training with, i said I self teached and she seemed quite shocked at that

Made me laugh

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Most people don't know self-study is an option. Props to you for doing so!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. datarunner

datarunner Byte Poster

well done buddy

im due to sit this exam asap so some info would b greatly appreciated

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 210, 270, HNC Networking
    WIP: MCSA
  14. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass mate 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  15. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Well i cant give away too much, NDA and all, but my first hint would be to NOT fear the exam, everything they asked was in the book cisco book, and it wasnt as tricky as i though it would be.

Make sure you know your commands and where to use them, although i had one or two sims it could easily be different, also if you are generally knowledgeable about basic networking, then you should be fine.

Also take the time to do the walk through at the beginning, thats 15 mins to familiarise yourself with how each question works, or even just to get your heartrate down and getting into exam mode.

Sorry i cant think of anything else otherwise id be revealing what was on my exam (yours could be completely different anyway), i took about an hour to complete, you get 90 mins so dont rush the questions, you only get one shot to answer them so make sure you double check what you select, and are 100% (or as close to) positive its the answer you want.

Best of luck

16. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats...