CCENT exam on 7th Feb....

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by phatboy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

Hi
    I have my CCENT exam on 7th Feb. I am a little nervous about it all!
    I am still reading the book, with 3 chapters to go (troubleshooting routing, and 2 chapters on WAN), which I hope to have completed by next weekend, leaving 3 days before the exam

Is this going to be sufficiant time to check I know it all, and start doing some practise exams?

Can anyone give any tips on what to do with the questions in the exam? Is there a best way to read them, is it worth drawing up a binary table and writing down any key commands etc?

In the simulations, are there any particular models of switch / router simulator that I will be using?

Thanks!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Best advice I can give is to be able to subnet quickly in your head. Sure, writing it down is helpful to double-check yourself... but time is of the essence on any Cisco exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Yes, as Michael points out, time is very important on a Cisco exam. Be sure that you know the concepts well enough that you can answer any question they throw at you correctly without a lot of time debating between answers.