1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Error on p.178

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by alfa145, Nov 8, 2007.

1. alfa145

alfa145 Bit Poster

I am ploughing my way through the 1st of the 2 Cisco Press books for the 802 exam. However on page 178 of book 1 (Chapter 7: Ethernet LAN Switching Concepts) 2nd Edition, can anyone confirm if the diagram is incorrect (Fig 7-6)?

The diagram is titled Switch Learning: Empty Table and Adding Two Entries but shows a TCP/ACK conversation with one packet failing. I'm sure that is the exact same picture I saw before in the TCP Fundamentals chapter. Who should I contact?

2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, Figure 7-6 is the same as 6-6, so you are correct that it is incorrect.

Check the errata on their Web site. If it's not there (and it's not likely it is, since this is a new book), you should contact Cisco Press. Contact info can be found on page iii, in the very front of the book.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!