CCDP Vs CCNA

Discussion in 'Design' started by ScoobyDoo, Sep 4, 2004.

1. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Byte Poster

Has anyone done both of these. I completed the CCNA - and found it fairly tough. Having had a (quick) look at a CCDA book today in a shop, there doesn't seem to be much in it.

Am I missing something ?

Comments please !

Certifications: <<See Below>>
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

um
    could be
    the DA is almost the same as the NA
    the fact there is 'nothing in it' could be to do with you already passing the NA and finding it easy stuff
    atleast they were very similar when i did them :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. kai16181

kai16181 Guest

i suggest you take a look at the CCDA book by diane teare (ciscopress)

theres certainly a lot in there to take you above and beyond the CCDA leading into CCDP.

have you decided to take the CCDA?

I've just decided to start it with the aim of completion by end of Feb.

4. twodalla

twodalla New Member

I am trying to get both, can you guys suggest how I should start and what softwares to get if any and what I could do to complete my objectives. Thank you

Certifications: None
    WIP: CCNA, CCDA
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I've only got my CCNA so I guess I'm partial to that particular cert, twodalla. Hopefully, someone more Cisco minded will come along to fill in the gaps for you.

In the meantime, I invite you to pop up to the new members introduction forum and tell us a little bit about yourself and how you found CertForums. We'd love to hear about you. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. runningonair

runningonair New Member

twodalla,
    I've only done the CCNA and I found that hard. I did it in two parts and from what I can tell those people that did in one had an easier time. I'm now studying for the CCDA and this is far harder interms of the amount you need to know.

I would suggest you get both sets of cisco press books i.e study guide and exam cert guide for both exams and in addition get sets of practice questions from boson or maybe testking. For the ccna I bought all of the routers and switches I needed to setup a lab at home and practice all the examples.

also you could check out http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showforum=34

hope this helps