CCDP Pre-requisite

Discussion in 'Design' started by kammodo, Jul 16, 2011.

1. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

Ok, now I am planning to study for my design certificate and I'm wanting to double check the requirements for the CCDP.
    I see the requisite for taking the CCDP is to have a valid CCNA Design cert. However I passed my CCNA R&S before the new CCDP requirements thus I would have qualified for enrollment straight to the CCDP, because the CCNA design cert didnt exist.
    Am I right to assume that since I met the criteria, that I do not have to take the CCNA design until my 3 years expire from the date which I qualified on the old scheme?

Certifications: CCNA R+S, CCDA , CCNP r+s , CCDP
    WIP: CCIE
  2. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

I find a lack of response to my post disturbing! or something like that :D
    Decided to study for the CCDA any way just for the heck of it.
    Think I may have the study bug :eek:

Certifications: CCNA R+S, CCDA , CCNP r+s , CCDP
    WIP: CCIE
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

The lack of response is probably down to the fact that not a lot of people will have done the CCDP, personally speaking I think I know of only one person in my whole career that's actually achieved the certification.

Don't let the lack of replies get you down.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. EvilBee

EvilBee New Member

Hello

You need to have a Valid CCDA. Cisco say you should have CCNA Knowledge however there is no real pre req.
    People that I have spoke say It better to have a CCNP 1st before going into design. How can you design a network if you dont understand the concepts.

You will need the route and switch exam and the Arc. If you think about it you have to have the route and the switch for the CCNP
    So there is another angle at looking at it. You get the troubleshoot and you have CCNP as you already have the CCNA

Certifications: CCNA,CCNP,CCIP,CCNAV,CCNAS,CCDA,MCDST