CCDA or ARCH

Discussion in 'Design' started by kai16181, Apr 4, 2007.

1. kai16181

kai16181 Guest

Hi,

In order to recertify my CCNP can i pass any 642 exam i.e the ARCH even if i dont have my CCDA ?

And then go back and completed the CCDA later and other parts of the CCDP i.e the switching and routing.

Kai

2. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Kai16181,

According to the "CCNP-Career Certifications & Paths" webpage it states...
    Assuming your CCNP is still current, since ARCH is a 642 exam, yes passing ARCH would recertify your CCNP.

According to the "Certification Tracking System", the following exams, which are no longer available but if previously passed, counts towards the CCDP:
    1. Routing requirement:
      • Routing (640-503) or
      • Routing (640-603) or
      • Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (640-900) or
      • Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (640-901) or
      • BSCI (642-801)
    2. Switching requirement:
      • Switching (640-504) or
      • Switching (640-604) or
      • BCMSN (642-811)
    3. Routing and Switching requirement:
      • Foundation (640-509) or
      • COMPOSITE (642-891)
    4. ARCH requirement:
      • CID Beta (640-520)

Otherwise, you've got to complete the previously incompleted requirements based on the current CCDP program. Note, you will not become CCDP certified unless ALL requirements are met, including the pre-requisite of CCDA. Once you become a CCDA, then that pre-requisite requirement for the CCDP should then be satisified then you should earn your CCDP as well.

I hope this helps.

Source:
    1. Cisco - Login [for the Cisco Certifications Tracking System] - https://www.certmanager.net/cisco/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Cisco/Default.aspx
    2. CCDP-Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le5/learning_certification_type_home.html

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA