CCA - Citrix Xenapp 6.5 - Training Resources

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Daiablo, May 6, 2012.

1. Daiablo

Daiablo New Member

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend any training resources for the above? I've downloaded and installed it and also gone through the CBT Nuggets for Xenapp 6.0. Not sure how many new features or changes have been incorporated in 6.5. If Citrix exams are anything like Microsoft they seem to focus on the newer features more than anything else.

Any books or videos would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Daiablo

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I had a quick search but couldn't find an updated book, did you find one in the end?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi,

I'm having a go with the same exam, citrix very rarely have any published books that are worth buying for exams, although I have purchased the getting started with citrix xenapp 6 book.
    However if you look at the exam prep guide Citrix Education - 1Y0_A20 then that includes links to all the citrix docs that they used when creating the exam, so in theory reading those should give you a complete knowledge of the exam contents and you should be able to ace it.

HTH

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
    Daiablo likes this.
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi,

I've recently passed the XenApp 6.5 exam and I got by with just experience on the product and the CBT's my company gave us access to directly from Citrix. I can't comment on the costs of these but they can be found here.

The courses I watched online were:
    CXA-206-1W Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration
    CXA-301-1W Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration

It was enough to get me through the exam even though the majority of my experience is in XenApp 5.
    Cheers
    Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    dales and Daiablo like this.
  5. Daiablo

Daiablo New Member

I didn't manage to find any more books but as dales said the links on the prep guide are good. Some good reading there - as well as some test questions to help gauge the level of knowledge required. Looking to sit it in the next couple of weeks.

6. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

learn xenapp 6 - you will find train signals on this and nuggets. You will probably not find much for 6.5 as it is so new and the books will be released later this year.

Then look into the new features of 6.5... you will probably need to build yourself a test environment to test the different features - hands on experience is always best. 6 and 6.5 does not have massive differences.. if you are familiar with 6 you should be fine.

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI