1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBT video

Discussion in 'A+' started by FAT36, Dec 16, 2005.

1. FAT36

FAT36 Bit Poster

Hi,

Has anyone tried using CBT video training Cds instead of/ in addition to the usual study books for their A+ certification? They do seem to cost a bit, obviously you can get them on e-bay cheaper, but having just purchased one that was for the 2000 objectives :x you never know exactly what you're getting....

WIP: A+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Would never recommend them as a substitute, but I do feel they make a useful addition to good text for a change of format at times. Obviously they can never contain the level of detail of a book, but can be helpful at explaining actual concepts that books may not as well.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yeah, i agree with Gav on this one. I think video/interactive training is a good add on to text. It also helps some topics to sink in.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Dunno about anyone else but CBT Nuggets is very limited!

I find that the only good stuff from Learnkey is those that are presented by Adam Spurlock - he's a real expert!

Trainsignal CBTs are quite good as is Testout - Testout really focuses on interactive scenrios with mock desktops and stuff like that!

But yes, any CBT is an excellent addition to your overall training approach!

Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5
  5. FAT36

FAT36 Bit Poster

Thanks for the tips!

WIP: A+